Friday 27 May 2011

IIDD, May 27th

Hi Big Al!

Have narrowed dates for malt tasting. It will be either Friday, July 22nd or following day, Saturday, July 23rd. Do you have a preference. Let me know as soon as you can as I want to determine which day better suits those who will be attending.

As things turned out, Saturday morning was quite wet so didn't go for a ride until about 2:00pm. Friend, Milt the Stilt, from our Book Club, joined me, (Flamin' said it was to wet even though there was only a slight drizzle when we set out!), and I took him out to UBC/Marine drive and then back to Olympic Village. I wanted to visit the new liquor store there, Legacy, as Cora Lee had raved about it a week or so ago. Very impressive indeed. We should stop by when you are next over. Simply wonderful collection of malt and bourbon. Didn't even have time to look at wine selection but know it must be very interesting, given what I did scan. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly staff so was most impressed.

Managed to put 112K on odometer yesterday. My longest ride to date. Ray and I went over Lions Gate Bridge to North Vancouver and up to the Seymour Demonstration Forest/Seymour Falls Trail and then back down, over Second Narrows Bridge and then to Granville Island. Ray made for home and I continued along Spanish Banks out to UBC and around Marine Drive to Dunbar and then back home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment