Thursday 14 July 2011

IIDD, July 14th

O Ye of Little Faith!

In actual fact, I was at Future Shop picking up a Nikon Coolpix for Marvinator, Nicole Sutherland's boyfriend, for his grad present. They leave on Friday for about six weeks in Europe and were going to borrow Sarge's camera so I thought a digitale of their own would be an appropriate gift. After that, I visited Mom at Broadway Lodge, managing to trim her finger nails. Bit like trying to clip Maggie's claws., only more difficult. Poor Mom! I actually nipped a bit of her thumb when she pulled her hand away. Only needed twelve stitches so not a big deal!!! After mopping up blood, I returned home to get my bike and then headed to Legacy where I had a great chat with Daryl. He confirmed my thoughts about tasting order so we'll start with Lowlands and work our way to Islay, via Speyside, Highlands and Non Islay Islands.

UBC Grand Prix sounded most interesting. I'd be keen to enter but not so much from a "race" point of view, but rather a brisk ride, so to speak! Grand Fondo might be a walk in Purgatory or even Hell. No time or energy for dipsy-doodling there!

Bridge on the Bridge is for Saturday, July 30th. Hope that doesn't affect you as The Lost Chart Salad on the Rocks sounds like it should be in Better Skiffs and Moorages or on The Drowning Gourmet! Just in case the bbq has not been cleaned, I suggest you tote a small, portable microwave and/or hibachi, plus a hacker friend, (Does the MT have any accomplices?), to bypass security gate at marina in case Barnacle Branko is too far into his grog ration to let us in!

Tia is more than welcome to attend malt tasting. However, I think we should limit her to five malts, unless she does her homework before event! If it would work, she is welcome to ask a friend to come along for evening. I'm sure the other child's parents would be more than delighted to have their son or daughter exposed to such a stellar gathering of elite porch climbers!

Friday afternoon would probably be just fine but would have to be after 1:00-1:30pm as I'm taking Nicole and Marvin to Olympic Village to catch Skytrain to airport. If things change, morning is even better, say 9:00ish. We are off to Folk Fest that afternoon/evening so probably need to leave The Island Inn by 4:00pm in order to stake our main stage blanket seats, so only a couple of hours worth of anaemic, attenuated riding!!! (Just an afterthought: if, indeed, timing is very tight, I'm sure I can get someone else to drop them off as that is not a big deal.) At any rate., let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Euphemistically Yours, Il Conduttore!

No comments:

Post a Comment