Wednesday 6 July 2011

IIDD, July 5th

Ola Ingeniero Jugos Dom Pedro and LLITB!

Sorry to learn that you will be a tad late but that might work out well as you may be able to bail everyone out if things get as loud and boisterous as you rightly suggest/prognisticate!!! We could be in for a serious charge if Sarge starts to discharge his sidearm, insisting his malt is best!!! Also sorry to learn that Lynne will not be along. Just have to make up for it this coming weekend. Of course, you are more than welcome to stay overnight. I think Maggie will be delighted to learn that you will be keeping her company on newly painted deck and patio furniture. I will even throw in one of blankets I bought at market in La Penita! Probably won't need it to keep warm but rather to protect yourself from inquisitive skunks, hungry racoons and marauding coyotes. Of course, being from The Naramata, you are more than used to such anaemic wildlife, bear and cougar being more your country fare, I assume!

I'll be happy to look after your malt selection. I'm delighted with any Talisker but I might scope Scapa as well. If Talisker, probably Distiller's Edition but I'll explore both or any that you mention that I am bale to find. We can chat about cheese/crackers this coming weekend and we'll certainly pick whatever you suggest, price and type.

Speaking of weekend, I assume that you know some of details about where we are staying, etc. Will you be tasting with us? I presume Cora Lee has been in touch with Lynne but I understand we are having dinner with you on Saturday night. I know we are having brunch at Tinhorn Creek on Sunday. Anyway, I will grill Cora Lee when she is home from WISH later this evening and if I have some of these important details wrong, I'll send another email!

This morning Christine and Jim, (friends, from Hartlepool, of friend Ray Banks, now on hols in England/France), cycled down from Ray's place, (they are house swapping), this morning and we met in parking lot outside our building. Had Cora Lee take a few snaps. I then took them around seawall, past Science World, English Bay and towards Rowing Club. Headed past Coal Harbour to show them that part of ride and then "abandoned" them near Convention Centre as Chris wanted a latte! Weather is simply best we've had of late, sunny and warm, so great for visitors, let alone inhabitants! I headed back home as I had a number of errands to run, principally taking in two armchairs to the Cushion Shop, Main/12th, to be recovered. Maggie has been using them as a scratching post when we don't feed her when she thinks she should be fed. As well, Cora Lee has knocked over a few glasses of red onto one arm or another whenever Masterpiece Theatre becomes too, too exciting!

Talk soon. Cheers, Patrizio!

No comments:

Post a Comment