Saturday 2 July 2011

IIDD, June 28th

Hi Whirls!

I certainly did enjoy the ride and the relative quiet of the seawall at that time. Continued on out to UBC to "attack" the Hill and then home for 57K, so pleased to be upping the distances after a bit of a hiatus on weekend.

I'm currently reading Henning Mankell's The Troubled Man, apparently the last of the Kurt Wallander mysteries. He's written at least nine others in series. Not sure if it' as important to read them in chronological order as the works of Jo Nesbø, a Norwegian author, touted as the new/next Stieg Larsson. Although I introduced him to Cora Lee I must admit I have not yet read any of his novels, in part because, according to Coriandre, one should read them in order they were written as character development is important, and I don't own early works, in paper. CL has them on her eBook so that may be the impetus I need to push me in that technological direction.

I think most of Mankell's books were borrowed from VPL but I'll ask Cora Lee when she is back from her two meetings. You are welcome to Nemesis and The Snowman if you wish to plunge into Nesbø. God forbid, The Sistehood might even consider loaning her eBook!

You should bring gang down on Canada Day for a drink, at least. Tia could go to GI to have her face painted. Lots going on there, as you can imagine. Might even be able to have a parking space inside our parkade. Anyway, you are more than welcome to pop by and visit for a bit without having to stay, if that suits. No big deal.

With respect to ride, forecast suggests a bit of clearing around noon. Would that suit you? We can always monitor weather and if sky looks promising earlier, we could suit up and hit the road. I'm off to see Midnight in Paris at late show, with Chloë, so send me a message about cycling, unless you call before 9:00pm. Cheers, Il Conduttore!

No comments:

Post a Comment