Wednesday 6 July 2011

IIDD, July 6th

Thanks Patrick.

Yes we enjoyed the ride round Stanley Park and a light lunch on a beach- after we had found a nice spot for morning coffee. We are wimps aren't we. 

I had forgotten about your trip to the wine country so as you say shall organize something ourselves for Saturday.

We shall take some time today to catch up with emails back home and do some planning for our trips otherwise I could see our not getting round to Whistler and Victoria or Kinberley.

Thanks once again for getting us acquainted with cycling in your beautiful city.

We look forward to seeing you both on Thursday.

Best wishes

Jim and Chris



On 5 July 2011 20:19, Patrick Dunn <pdunn@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:
Hi Chris and Jim!

Trust rest of your ride went well. I decided I'd head back home without cycling around Stanley Park as I had a number of errands to run, principally taking in two armchairs to the Cushion Shop, Main/12th, to be recovered. Maggie has been using them as a scratching post when we don't feed her when she thinks she should be fed. As well, Cora Lee has knocked over a few glasses of red onto one arm or another whenever Masterpiece Theatre becomes too, too exciting!

Soon as I'd sent a few messages, after returning from errands, I collected Mom and took her for a stroll around Granville Island. Posted a few letters at post office, (now that strike is over!), across from GI Brewery and emptied our relatively small kitchen compost container into one of the bins that CMHC allows residents of buildings near GI to use, just across the way from postal outlet.

I know you'd like to ride on weekend but we will be in the Okanagan so will have to try and arrange something next week. Perhaps you could arrange something with Whirlygig, (He'll stop for latte!), if it suits. Think that you are pretty well oriented now, anyway, and can find your own way around, both your neighbourhood and ours. If our schedules allow, would like to take you along Spanish Banks and out to UBC. Will point out Museum of Anthropology as well as Beaty Museum with magnificent, breathtaking blue whale skeleton.

Looking forward to Thursday evening for the bbq. I'm picking up our friends, Nancy/David, from Berkeley, in Bellingham tomorrow evening and they will here, along with Usual Suspects, Freeloader Sutherlands! (I know that Chris had already volunteered to bring dessert. Maybe it'll be trifle or custard, two of my favourites!!!) Might have time to co-ordinate more rides then, to fit in with your planned outings, to Whistler and Kimberley. I can show you how to use our GPS Garmin. Quite simple, really, and very helpful, we've found.

Cora Lee is working at WISH tonight so I am free to do my shoulder exercises while listening to Tonic on CBC2. Only put on 25K this morning so would like to try for more domani, with Giorgio. I'm up for 7:00am start if you can make that you are welcome to join us. Let me know. At any rate, I'll come to collect you around 5:30-6:00ish on Thursday. Cheers, Patrizio!

No comments:

Post a Comment