Friday 17 February 2012

IIDD, Feb 18th


Good morning from a somewhat overcast and misty Cornwall. Just finished an hour on my cycle turbo while Gayle was doing her yoga. A nice hot shower (not together of course!) and a healthy breakfast so I am all set for the day. Will probably walk up to Starbucks later for a coffee. Not my favorite coffee house but the only one near us so beggars can't be choosers!

We just returned from a couple of days in Southampton to see the grandson. He is really growing away. Two months old now and 17 pounds. (couple of pictures attached which I took while we were there) Don't you know it when carrying him around! Marnie and Ant also have a Border Collie called Whistler who is incredibly hyper. So between the dog and the baby we were shattered when we got home. 

I have heard that The Adventures of Tintin is supposed to be well done. We didn't get a chance to see it when it hit Truro. Films don't stay around long in this town. We are off to the cinema tonight. Initially wanted to see The Artist but no seats available so opted for The Woman in Black staring Daniel Radcliffe (from Harry Potter fame). Sounds like it will be entertaining.

I just finished a book by Carolyn Burke on Edith Piaf, No Regrets. I find her life intriguing and this new biography shows Piaf in her own time and space.

We are arriving the evening of the 28th. Mark is off work for a few days  from March 5th so hopefully we will be able to get up to Whistler so that they can do some boarding and Gayle and I can go snow shoeing. We can do any evening between March 1st and 4th so will leave the timing to your good selves since I am sure you will be busy preparing for your trip during that period.

We will go to Southampton on Feb 27th to spend the night at Marnie's then drive to Heathrow in the morning. They are about a 90 minute drive away from Heathrow. We will leave the car at the airport.

Bye for now Derek
Hi Patrizio!

Yes, Her Royal Highness has signed off. Should be around 10:30am or so. If you're not there I've been given instructions to leave under a table or something. I'm up early but Oh S... needs her beauty sleep.

Haven't seen Tintin but did see Hugo in 3D. It was a fabulous movie. If you haven't seen it by all means do! CC




Just a trick-still in New Plymouth, but en route tomorrow night from Auckland to Vancouver.
Edibles sounds great-go ahead with the reservation, and we'll aim to get over for a glass of wine before. Cheers, Gregg


Didn't know dinner at the Sandbar came with fireworks!!!!!
Hey F and G
I have strata council Agm so not sure about timing of that meeting! But the skiers should be back and hungry there's 4 extra from Newfoundland and my gang ! Pizzas may be a good option though. Michele
Hi Big Al!

Is Her Majesty wearing the high-heeled flippers? Cheers, Patrizio! 
Dearest Monica and Max!

Must apologize, once again, for taking so long to thank you for your Christmas card and wonderful compilation of pictures! Everyone looks well. Very impressed with Hallenbad Sörenberg. What sort of building/facility is it? A swimming pool complex? Fondestos and best Wishes to all the Cruel Swiss! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Jou Ching!

Happy New Year! Must apologize, once again, for taking so long to thank you for your lovely Christmas card and birthday wishes! How is your new job? Fondestos and Best Wishes to you and your family! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Randy!

I just sent an email to a former boarder, (She always sends birthday and holiday cards and I feel badly that am always tardy in replying!), who lives in Taiwan, and it occurred to me that perhaps you could contact her, if you have time and inclination, and say hello, explaining you were a former boarder as well! Her email is:

XXX

She is an interesting young woman, bit of a scatterbrain at times, but means well and has a good heart. I think she would be delighted to be re-connected to Vancouver, even at this remove. We came to understand that she had a difficult relationship with her father and seems to have felt more comfortable confiding in Cora Lee than with her own mother. She isn't the clinging/needy type so you need not worry on that account. At any rate, you could always plead the pressure of finishing "The Book"! Not a big deal but just thought I'd float idea. Let me know what you think. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
No harm in sending her an email.  And always looking for friends!  Thanks!  I'll give her a buzz.

Having a great time -- thanks for reading the blogs. I've got more coming!  Went to a wonderful performance of Marriage of Figaro last night by local talent, and enjoying all my contacts, students, and travels here.  My friend Bradley Kayser is visiting the first week of April - you should visit too!

Randy

 
Pat,

At the moment I cannot commit to the Monday reception and reading. Thanks
for the offer. I had committed to do something with Amira that night and
won't know if that plan is still on until Sunday evening. If you have
another reader ready to commit you should snag him-her.

Glad the Tintin was up to snuff.

And thanks for the Blog from Randy -- looks very interesting.

If the storm abates maybe we can ride later today -- although I don’t have
my marching orders yet today. Sunday looks pretty wet if any of these
forecasts is worth anything. W
 I look forward to seeing you at  7 pm on the 25th of March, unless the members prefer to start earlier, which would be possible.  

The address is: 
XXX East 4th Avenue 
(Vic Toews, if you're not familiar with Vancouver, that's about 1/2 a block east of Victoria). Guy
Thanks Guy. I found the Toews reference amusing. No offence intended, Vic. G

So Mark and Krissy vote for the 1st of march, and I could do that night, so dad email Derrick and see what he and Gail think?? We could do it at yours or go out. Xx Chloe Alexis 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment