Friday 16 September 2011

IIDD, September 16th

Hi Brenda Louise!

Sorry I've not replied sooner but re-entry into life back at The Island Inn took a bit longer than expected! Trust Wally is back to normal and looking forward to our next visit!!!

Thanks again for such a wonderful stay. Most of us seemed to have enjoyed it in its entirety! Yes, it is jam. Please use it. Betty, in Calgary, gave it to us as she had a huge jar. Homemade and given to her by a friend from church. She felt she'd never use it all herself. Should be terrific in a smoothie!

Not a big deal but I still cannot locate the package of drop-stops. If you do come across them just hang on to them and we'll collect them at some point, unless you decide to break the mold and visit Vancouver!

Vacuuming was done but not to my high standards so I needed to haul out hose day after we returned!


Hi Kids!

Sorry I've not replied sooner but re-entry into life back at The Island Inn took a bit longer than expected! Trust everyone is well. For our part, we are already looking forward to our next visit!!!
Thanks again for such a wonderful stay.


Never said that she disabled it, just that at some point the button was
moved and when I went to add books I realized that there was no wifi
connection available. So once we figured out why it was not working, I
down loaded about 15 books for mom so she will be reading for awhile.
Greg dropped it off this past this weekend.

Glad your trip back was without troubles. In full hockey swing with
Dustin, Greg is in Alberta this past week and next.

Still need to get to lake and close up but will have to wait for a
weekend or two.

Pam


Hi Sarge!

Glad you joined us last night, in spite of sub-titles!

Had a very pleasant ride with Whirlygig this morning. Left at 7:30am to hit Stanley Park. Did an up and over and back across Lions Gate and then he peeled off on Macdonald while I continued on to UBC. Just up and down as I was meeting him and Marcus Aurelius, (from Book Club), at MEC at 11:00am. Mark is looking for a bike and I wanted to buy some more padded cycling underwear. Didn't find any bikes of interest there although he bought same padded shorts as I did. Across the street to the Bike Doctor where I left the two lads looking at a couple of different steeds. Just first cut as he'll take a look at Reckless and a couple of other spots before he decides.

Couple that are interested in our place are coming by at 5:00pm today so I have to be here to let them in, with real estate agent. Cora Lee will be away at WISH for her evening shift. She took a look at condos on Semlin/Franklin, near Victoria and Hastings, and liked two of the places. I'm going to arrange to see them at some point, as Kory, real estate agent with interested couple, is handling the sales at the other location. Apparently, "just perfect" for Clarisse and Dusty, so I guess that is all that matters!!!

Cheers, Patrizio!



Hard to believe that you will actually move. Are you guys still curling this year.
I have a fifth to add to our team and some others on a waiting list if you decide to opt out.
 

Wayne Sutherland

wow! okay... not happy about the moving thing at all........you'll go by way of the Millionaires! what did the couple say about condo 


Hi Sarge and Flaming!

Yes, we are on for curling. Cora Lee is even taking a pre-season class and wants to be Skip after completing session!!!

I'm not at all interested in moving but, as I mentioned, the couple interested in our place came by at 5:00pm yesterday. We are going to see condos in East Van, today at 3:30pm. Perhaps Coriandre is just trying to get away from Clan Sutherland and The Cave!!! The Sisterhood and their Machiavellian Ways!!!

See you around 6:00pm this evening. Cheers, Patrizio!


Hi Sarge!

The Italians will be taking over from Clan Sutherland!

Great night last night. Think you may have left your spectaculars at our place. We'll take them downstairs at some point. Hope you have another pair for your trip. Hello to The Millionaires. Enjoy the Island. Cheers, Patrizio!




P,


Thanks for the impromptu visit and tasting last night. I really enjoyed to Caol Ila cask strength and the Bowmore. Was the Bowmore also cask strength?

Tomorrow I give blood with Amira midday but may get a ride in the morning after 9 and before noon. Let me know if you are riding Friday or on the weekend. Saturday I play squash in the morning and again Sunday in the afternoon. Don’t know what is in the job jar. 

W

P,

I drop Tia off at Crown and 15th at about 8:45. I can meet you there or somewhere else if that works for you and Ray. I need to be home by 11:30.

Weather does not look that promising.

W


Hi Whirlissimo!

I'll be at 15th and Crown at 8:45am, rain or shine. Whether Robo Man is there or not remains to be seen. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Hi Robo Ray!

Are you wanting to meet Whirlygig and I at around 8:45am? If so, I'll come by your place at about 8:15am and we'll proceed from there. I assume we might head out to Iona and back. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly, rain or shine. Thanks for carrots and kale. We had former tonight and they were simply delicious. Cheers, Patrizio!



P,

We should be at JQ well before 8:45 but you never know with the Mongolian
Terrorist and her troublesome Bike Pool riders.

Jules Quesnel school is situated along Crown from 15th to 14th -- facing
west. I will be visible, like the proverbial scarecrow, somewhere in that
zone.

W


The next gathering is on Saturday, the 17th of September, at 7:00 at the Island Inn.

The next book is Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart (George)
We are seeking suggestions for a book to follow the Shteyngart

As defacto treasurer and chief martinet the Conductor will apply arbitrary levies to late comers, absentee non-readers and bourbon drinkers as appropriate.  

Just to let you know that I am coming to Toronto from 19th to 31st January 2012 - Heather has persuaded me to come over for Burns night at Allen's on the 25th, so if you want to see Heather, John Maxwell and me in kilts, you know where to go!

  
Looking forward to seeing you if you can make the trip eas.
At least we can look forward to catching up early next year even if we don't manage to Skype before then!
Love Penny x

Patrick
Zoe in Vancouver, Kath at Stanford.  What is to be done?
Drinking Kangredaar chard.  small (micro) winery in the box ironbark forest north west of here.  Rich, lovely, 13.5%, $13.00 cellar door (thus the Oz wine industry).  Went there last weekend on way to visit a friend.
We're coming 07 December.  If Dusty + Clara not in your cubby, can we stay some of the timewill  please?  Jessie with us stay with Gramma mostly, we can stay with Dan, Lorraine.  But would love to spend close time with you.
Meanwhile, I'm painting the house, working, keeping close to home ...don't go to City regularly any more since my lower back injury recurred in June (ambos, hospital, drugs, gradual rehab).    In Ballarat 3 days/week, stay over one night.  Works out OK.
Tell us how you are.  Love to C + all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment