Monday 20 June 2011

IIDD, June 15th

Hi Lynne and Peter!

Pleased to learn that Jugos Dom Pedro has made the transition from freshly squeezed OJ to pisco sours!

Off to circumcycle Stanley Park in about an hour, together with Whirlygig, one of my regular riding group, along with Ilya Brotsky, a young man whose parents live in our building. He is home from Toronto, for a week or so, to be part of Stanley Cup hoopla. He is working for the mega-mining group that bought INCO so I suppose you know it. He spent last eight months or so in Brazil being trained. He has a degree in business from Cornell so I gather he is in the management side of things as opposed to technical aspects of mining. I'll grill him on ride and be better able to let you know what your competition is up to when next we share your more than delightful company in The Naramata, coming up soon, as a matter of fact!

Did 101K yesterday, UBC Loop, as need to have the stamina for Penticton and environs! Cheers, Patrizio!

Latest from Flamin'/Sarge:

We don' thane wifi connection I did get a sim card but of course after 3 trips to Vonda hone which they essentially told me that the first place sold me the wrong card , then installed a second one incorrectly, the third place I went they told me what I wanted to hear so I would go away.

Day 4 and completed 65 km bike ride along the coast from Gallipoli to di Leuca. Stayed mostly along the sea and had wonderful vistas of the blue Mediterranean and the craggy ocean. There were also expanses of sandy beaches. Great biking riding day Bit cloudy and tail winds. Yesterday we went to Gallipoli following a 75 km ride. which was hard going as the sun was beating down and alot of flat riding ground this one more difficult then the 92 km ride day before. They saw it's because it is day two but i say it's because i have crotch rot , i know tmi, gallipoli which has been a favorite of all the cities. There is has a modern section and you cross a bridge to get to the old town. Many wonderful architecture and nice to wind through the old section. We have tried to lower food consumption as it has been a pig feast. The Italians do antipasti, primo usually pasta, and secondi dishes followed by dessert. We met this person from india who has been living here for 6 years and speaks English well. Told us they eat like this everyday and mostly twice a day. Of course the siesta happens at everyday for 2-3 hours as they have to eat big sleep it off then come to work at 5 pm. Had a minor stumble bit of road rash but adds the bike profile I am trying to instigate.
Hope all is well.looking forward to the win tonight



Hi Flamin' and Sarge!

Sorry to hear about your tumble Flamin'! Just be glad it wasn't over one of those seaside cliffs!

Latest from Peter:

Hi Patrick,

I was unable to respond to your Monday morning e-mail as I was en route yesterday to Peru. I'm here this week and next, visiting sites for two clients. There will be solace in pisco sours.

Before leaving home I planted 20 new reisling vines, which I'm going to use for personal winemaking. I also frantically finished shoot thinning as the vines are in a period of explosive growth and I had to try to get some decent spacing of the shoots coming off the cordons. Thanks for the instructional video from Mendoza.

Will work on my malt selection!

Ciao from Lima, Peter!

My reply:

Hi Lynne and Peter!

Pleased to learn that Jugos Dom Pedro has made the transition from freshly squeezed OJ to pisco sours!

Off to circumcycle Stanley Park in about an hour, together with Whirlygig, one of my regular riding group, along with Ilya Brotsky, a young man whose parents live in our building. He is home from Toronto, for a week or so, to be part of Stanley Cup hoopla. He is working for the mega-mining group that bought INCO so I suppose you know it. He spent last eight months or so in Brazil being trained. He has a degree in business from Cornell so I gather he is in the management side of things as opposed to technical aspects of mining. I'll grill him on ride and be better able to let you know what your competition is up to when next we share your more than delightful company in The Naramata, coming up soon, as a matter of fact!

Did 101K yesterday, UBC Loop, all by my lonesome, (I don't ned no stinkin' peleton!), as need to have the stamina for Penticton and environs! Cheers, Patrizio!

So, Bari Group, I spit on your 95K, let alone your 65K! Fondestos, Bestestos and Cheers, Patrizio! Andiamo! Andiamo!! Andiamo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment