Tuesday 15 November 2011

IIDD, Nov 15th

If Galileo had said in verse that the world moved, the inquisition might have let him alone. -Thomas Hardy, novelist and poet (1840-1928)

Yes, he does charge a fee. You might be interested in a few movies that I bought from Lime Light the other day:

Where the Wild Things Are
Whatever Works (2009 Woodie Allen)
Barney's Version (based on a Mordecai Richler novel)
Mother of Mine (Finnish film, 2007)

You are welcome to borrow anyone of them. k

Hi Patrick,

I had mentioned this on Thursday, here are the books that Bill Gates recommends world leaders read:


Kerry

Hi Videomatica and No Knead!

I'd be more than interested in Where the Wild Things Are, Whatever Works (2009 Woodie Allen) and
Mother of Mine (Finnish film, 2007). We've both seen Barney's Version and liked it muchly. Thanks. Perhaps we could do a swap when I return Down By Law and Sex and Lucia. Watched the latter this evening and found it very engrossing and engaging, to say the least. The wild sex was pretty engrossing and engaging as well!!

Thanks for sending along Mr Microsoft's picks. Since you seem to be on such close terms with him, I wonder if you might ask him to join our Book Club. (Whirlygig could forward our proposed reading list to him as he probably needs a good dose of fiction to balance all that non-fiction stodge!) I'm sure the Lads would enjoy meeting on his yacht or wherever he happens to be in the world when group convenes. Surely his private jet isn't all that busy. Just don't tell him I use a Mac! I don't own an iPhone however. Does that count? Probably not as I don't have a cell of any make unless you include the cold, solitary one The Sisterhood confine me to if I start to howl after a tad too, too much malt!

Cheers, The Prisoner of Zenda!


Good morning Prisoner of Zenda,

Yes, no problem with the movie swap.

I think we need a critical analysis of Mr. Micro, however, the books look interesting.

Have a good ride, and remember, be careful out there. Kerry
 
Hi again, Kerry!

Thanks for being so concerned about our welfare while cycling! Who woulda thunk that the The Sisterhood cared so much, let alone, at all, in spite of the crocodile tears, to the contrary!

Cheers, The Captive Conduttore!
 

P,

"It’s a sad and beautiful world". Glad you enjoyed Down By Law. I am about
due to watch it yet again. "Not enough room to swing a cat".

Yes, a midday-ish ride might work well tomorrow. Don’t know about Deep Cove
-- may be playing the first match of the Westerns on Tuesday evening.

Let me know what the lads are up for. 

Hi Zack or is it Jack?

Please don't use the phrase, "Not enough room to swing a cat", when over at the Island Inn/Heartbreak Terrace or you'll break Maggie's heart! Buzz off No Knead. You're lucky to be where you are! And there will be no screamin' for ice cream either! Cheers, Gelato Man! 

Hello Peleton!

Just to reiterate, I have to collect Cora Lee's parents at YVR at 10:00am so I probably wouldn't be able to leave The Heartbreak Terrace Parkade until around 11:00am-11:30am at earliest.Any suggestiones about where we might ride/meet? Desperately seeking advice! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

PS: Field Notes from ride, Monday afternoon, for your reading pleasure, Dear Reader, should you be so inclined! 


Ayn P
Ayn P added a new photo to the album Mobile Uploads.
"In sharp contrast to the glacial pace with which the levees were repaired and the electricity grid was brought back online, the auctioning off of New Orleans' school system took place with military speed and precision. Within nineteen months, with most of the city's poor residents still in exile, New Or­leans' public school system had been almost completely replaced by pri­vately run charter schools. Before Hurricane Katrina, the school board had run 123 public schools; now it ran just 4. Before that storm, there had been 7 charter schools in the city; now there were 31. New Orleans teachers used to be represented by a strong union; now the union's contract had been shredded, and its forty-seven hundred members had all been fired. Some of the younger teachers were rehired by the charters, at reduced salaries; most were not."

The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
by Naomi Klein by Metropolitan Books


Rebecca Frazier
Rebecca Frazier updated her status: "Kayaking with the alligators at Myakka State park today!!!! If I don't come home its cause I thought this was a great Idea!!!!!!"

Patrick James Dunn Beckster: Actually, I'm far more concerned about the gators! Cheers, Patrizio!
Nicole Sutherland Be careful. I need you in my life
Patrick James Dunn Why, when you have Jake! 
Hi Pat,

Fun read! Well done,

Sounds like one of those wonderful days that make lasting memories. There is
something really special about a nice clear and crisp fall day that just
feels so good, even last night coming home from exercise class Colleen was
driving and I was able to just gaze out of the window and was just awash
with pleasure taking in the vista of beautifully coloured leaves laying
built up against the trees and fences like wonderful fluffy and cozy
comforters.
Sorry I couldn't join you yesterday , I'm not sure about today as I do have
a lot to do but give me a call when you're ready and I'll see if I can meet
up with you at some point.It does look like it will be a glorious day, very
tempting! Cheers, Al



P,

I am up for a short ride today -- maybe a couple hours. My first tourney
match is at 6PM at Evergreen so I need to preserve some energy for the
arduous drive over in rush hour traffic.

If you guys are headed to Maple Ridge -- I will BUZZ OAF.

Let me know your plan, W



Sorry, can't join you this afternoon - I have a volleyball game to coach at 2:45.BTW, don't know how things look over there on the coast, but out here in the foothills of Burnaby Mountain, there is ice on the puddles and frost on the road. Be careful out there gents if you're riding this morning.
    
8^) cheers, Mark

Good morning Prisoner of Zenda,

Yes, no problem with the movie swap.

I think we need a critical analysis of Mr. Micro, however, the books look interesting.

Have a good ride, and remember, be careful out there. Kerry


Pat,

so great hearing from you.
Your email sounded like a soap-opera, just with real people I know. Great bedtimestoryteller!
Hope Chloe is getting better and your and Corinne's operations ahead aren't going to be that painful. All the best to you! But those holidays seem to make quite up for it!
If everything goes well, I'll be in Hamburg at that time, in order to study a semester abroad.

Elsewise I'm still working as a cycle-messenger. And studying, but not so enthusiastically at resent. Hope that will chance sometime, as I already organised two internships. One in a court and the other in a law firm in Berne.

Last weekend, Simon and Sabine got married. They threw a great party, involving everybody and serving very tasty food and especially tasty wine. t was at a place just outside Berne and the later it got, the younger were the people staying.

It was wonderful to meet Nicole and Marvin, when they stoped by. Great people, the two of them. We had brunch at the Lehmann's and some other boarders joined. A great summer morning!
Now temperature is falling and I go regularly to the University-sauna with a friend of mine.

Also started winter-Aare-swimming last Sunday. The water was about 9 degree Celsius. Very googd for your imune system (I think - by turning red and blue).

All the best to you and give a hug to Corinne! love Fiona
 

Hi No Knead Knave!

There is absolutely no need to be so shirty! I propose an easy saunter around Stanley Park so that we can satisfy both your sustainable energy preservation scheme in addition to possibly being able to lure Cap'n Barnacle along to complain and swap recipes with you since Recipe Man has opted out! Given that it is not a stanchion-free ride, Not sure if Lycra Lover will decide to join motley crew!

This missive is from a former Swiss boarder. Do you think she is a candidate for Down BY Law?

Pat,

so great hearing from you.
Your email sounded like a soap-opera, just with real people I know. Great bedtimestoryteller!
Hope Chloe is getting better and your and Corinne's operations ahead aren't going to be that painful. All the best to you! But those holidays seem to make quite up for it!
If everything goes well, I'll be in Hamburg at that time, in order to study a semester abroad.

Elsewise I'm still working as a cycle-messenger. And studying, but not so enthusiastically at resent. Hope that will chance sometime, as I already organised two internships. One in a court and the other in a law firm in Berne.

Last weekend, Simon and Sabine got married. They threw a great party, involving everybody and serving very tasty food and especially tasty wine. t was at a place just outside Berne and the later it got, the younger were the people staying.

It was wonderful to meet Nicole and Marvin, when they stoped by. Great people, the two of them. We had brunch at the Lehmann's and some other boarders joined. A great summer morning!
Now temperature is falling and I go regularly to the University-sauna with a friend of mine.

Also started winter-Aare-swimming last Sunday. The water was about 9 degree Celsius. Very googd for your imune system (I think - by turning red and blue).

All the best to you and give a hug to Corinne!

love

Fiona

Roberto will be turning over on his cell cot with little if any room to swing a cat upon! Cheers, Il Conduttore!
 

Hi Big Al and Ragin'!

I propose an easy saunter around Stanley Park so that we can satisfy Whirlygig's need for a sustainable energy preservation scheme, (He is currently in a doubles tourney.), in addition to possibly being able to lure Cap'n Barnacle along to complain and swap recipes with him since Robo Ray/Recipe Man, (along with MArcus AUrelius), has opted out! Given that it is not a stanchion-free ride, however, not sure if Lycra Lover will decide to join motley crew!

Plane is apparently arriving 15 minutes ahead of time so if that holds, I should be home around 10:30am, 11:00am at latest and we could leave shortly thereafter. I'll call everyone as soon as I'm back and people can decide then. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


P,

Sounds good. I will await the call. Will that be by phone or will you just
shout?
W


Hi Patrice,

Sorry but I will be unable to join you today as I have too many things outstanding on the to do list. I hope you have great time and keep me posted for a possible ride later in the week.

Cheers, Lycra lover!



Hi No Knead et al! (Or is that No Knead at all or No Knead @BigAl.Stanchion.ouch?)

Neither! I'll simply YOWL!!!  As mentioned by land-yowl, earlier, Whirlygig will meet me at the Heartbreak Terrace at 11:30am and we will make for Spruce Harbour where Barnacle Branymir and his crustacean encrusted bike will be waiting to join peleton at 11:35am! Remember, Lycra Lover, that all work and no play makes Big Molly a fussy, dull boy! Cheers, Il Conduttore


 

No comments:

Post a Comment