Tuesday 8 November 2011

IIDD, Nov 8th

When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set. -Lin Yutang, writer and translator (1895-1976) 

"Now comes a heat from your forficate thighs."Alexander Trocchi, ed.; Merlin; 1952.  

P,

I thought you might find a use for this word – maybe what happens to you when the light is red.  

Thanks for the bridge lesson and maltage last night. It looked like a party in the making as I departed into the rain -- poor planning on my part I would say.

It looks like the best day for a ride may be Thursday. What think you? W

Hi Patrice,

I'm shocked that you would stoop so low as to threaten blackmail! Perhaps I will have to retaliate by mention some incidents from the past that some of your book club friends may not know about! I would be careful where you let loose your forked tongue my friend!!!.
 
All that aside I have to admit that the incidents were pretty much as described. I had a great time ,too bad some of the troupe had to succumb to to elements. We will have to have a similar outing sometime soon should the weather cooperate. Take care, Big Molly.

HI Al,

Really am sad I missed that ride! I've recounted your sad tale to several of the Sisterhood persuasion, and am sorry to report that the sympathy quotient did not tip the scale in your favour. I think the comments averaged out to something like "serves the &%^#!@!  right. I did suggest that a buxom babe in skin-tight lycra on an a chilly November morning must have been trying to make a couple of points (to whit: "look at us" ), and that you were not to be faulted for simply playing the role you were were cast in. Alas, my protests fell on inordinately deaf ears...

Thursday's forecast is looking promising for a ride - any takers/suggestions? 8^) cheers, Mark 
I am in for a Thursday ride. GEORGE 

Dear Lycra Lad and Fellow Burnaboid!

I have nothing to hide from my Book Club friends, (as MArcus Aurelius can well attest!), so feel more than free to expose whichever skeletons, damning indiscretions or heinous faux pas you feel I have secreted away! I spit on your bluster, Sir! 'Tis quite obvious that Marcus Aurelius has your true measure, as evidenced from his telling of the re-telling of your encounter with yon stanchion. Even The Sisterhood have little, if any sympathy for you and your profligate ways! Furthermore, I seem to detect an habitual pattern in your roving eye. If I make no mistake, I do recall a number of incriminating snaps of young lovelies, curvaceous slinkies with tantalizingly bare mid-riffs, taken on hols in Florida, or some such sunny clime, a year or so ago! Keep your eyes on the road ahead, Big Molly, and all will be well! Cheers, Il Conduttore!!!


Hi Lads!

I suggest that we meet at the foot of the Cambie Sky Train Bridge, just off Kent, and make our way to Iona and then Steveston. Whether Burnaboids wish to cycle to rendezvous point, or not, will be up to their collective wisdom. Given that MD is usually not all that pleasant to ride along, during the week, what with all the trucks, etc., rest of us may wish to use Cypress, meeting at sub-station just off Arbutus/King Ed. Not sure about frost so I'm open to suggestions regarding the starting/meeting times for this junket. Let's hear from all interested parties and plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizio "The Blackmailer"!


Pat,
I'm good for a ride on Thursday. The forecast looks good and I'd be
happy to meet at the sub-station around 9-ish. No reply from Ken so He's
probably away. I'll try him again tonight.
Hope Chloe's recovery is going well. Ray



Yo, B.M.,
CSTB sounds like a plan. 

Al, if you're in, perhaps I can swing buy your place after volleyball thursday a.m., and we can continue from there ensemble. I'm thinking that would put us at the rendezvous at about 10:30, which might be late enough that the Evil Black Ice has retreated to its lair. I trust you will plot us a stanchion (but not lycra)-free route! 8^) cheers, Mark


Ayn P
Ayn P shared a link: Hallmark Channel - Lucky Christmas - Premiere Promo
Hallmark Channel - Lucky Christmas - Premiere Promo
www.youtube.com
Elizabeth Berkley ("Saved by the Bell") stars with Jason Gray-Stanford ("Monk") in the World Premiere of "Lucky Christmas," a Hallmark Channel Original Movie...
Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn updated her status: "Well they are gone and in a bio hazard bin somewhere!!! good riddance I say!!!!"

Hi Ayn:

This is from Katie. Emma's Halloween!

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/2f0492281a1dbd6294dc0c85b793b50f/video/119579731

Apparently your own sister does not have your new email address! Love, Dad! 



Thanks for sharing! She's growing up quickly!

I have it now!! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment