Tuesday 18 October 2011

IIDD, Oct 18th

P,


I hope you and Ray made up for my absenteeism on the ride today. It must have been some day for a ride.

You may have noticed I delivered the plate on the patio which you can see I mended quite skilfully from ash covered shards.

Let me know if you are up for a ride in the morning tomorrow. W

Hi Whirls!

Thanks for popping off plate. Just wondering about drop stops. You are welcome to them but I hope you didn't pitch them out, inadvertently, of course!

We had a gorgeous ride this morning! As you probably noted from Ray's message he was at the Heartbreak Parkade at 9:00am and we proceeded around Stanley Park. Reasonably quiet on Seawall but enough people to keep one alert. Instead of going, "up and over", I suggested we head out to UBC after the circuit of the park. Did just that as we thought it would be far more pleasant along Spanish Banks than having to contend with traffic and noise over Lions Gate. Bit of a head wind on way to Foreshore Hill but otherwise it was lovely.

Robo Man had taken a  water bottle when he left home but it was too small for carrier so he left it behind. This being the case he stopped near the Boathouse Restaurant at Kits Beach but fountain wasn't working. Had to wait until first concession booth along Spanish Banks. Once at UBC, we cut across campus, on Main Mall and made for 16th Ave, taking it all the way to Macdonald where I waved goodbye to Ray. He may well not ride until Friday and/or Saturday, depending on weather, of course.

I did a bit of dipsy-doodling around Kits Point to log 61.33K by time I was home. Had a bite to eat and then Cora Lee and I strolled over to the Revue Theater to hear Andrew Westoll talk about his book, The Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary. Terrific speaker and a simply riveting story which "details the history of biomedical research, the establishment of the private sanctuary and the daily lives of these recovering animals." Bumped into a classmate from Library School , Kit Pearson, and sat with her. You may know that she is a well respected author of young adult fiction. (Plan to hear her tomorrow at 10:00am so will need to leave our place, if that suits, by 7:50am-8:00am. Probably just a quick circuit of Lord Stanley's domain. I won't even be able to see you home!)

Did our first shift at Studio 1398. Great gig! Piece of cake for us and we only sold four drinks: one GI lager, two glasses of Tinhorn Creek Pinot Gris and one of their Merlot! had everything stowed before reading began and were able to listen to Linda Grant talk about her latest novel, We Had It So Good. Although she resides in London now, she lived in Vancouver for seven years, in the '60's and early '70's, doing post-graduate work at SFU. Incredibly articulate, humourous, insightful, she was a delight to listen to, especially since I had never heard of her before!

I'll check my email tomorrow morning or I'll give you a call around 7:30am if I've not heard anything before then. Cheers, Patrizio!
Hi Patrice,

Thanks for the update, glad you had some pleasant riding as well. I'm
pretty busy myself until Thursday but let's keep in touch about another
possible outing soon.

Cheers, Al


Hi Big A!

Sorry you couldn't join us today as we had a gorgeous ride this morning!
Keep posted! Cheers, Patrizio! 

Thank you for sending the photos Patrick - very nice.
I will look for you and Corinne on Friday.
Cheers for now.  Gillian


Hi Gillian!

Will look for you on Friday! Cheers, Patrizio!

No comments:

Post a Comment