Thursday 20 October 2011

IIDD, Oct 20th

A cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. -Oscar Wilde, writer (1854-1900)

Hi Kathryn!

I could help out on Saturday, before our shift at Studio 1398, for an hour or so before I'd need to change. Could probably do a couple of hours on Sunday, until about 4:00pm, or so, if that would help. Cheers, Patrizio!
 
Patrick,

Thanks so much for your offer to help, but that shift got snapped up almost
right away!

What keen vollies we have, I feel so lucky.

Kathryn


Patrick,
If you have any Writers Festival programs sitting in the trunk of your car or in boxes in your front hall or wherever, please return them to the Festival office as soon as possible!
We are running short, and would appreciate any extras that you might have.
And of course MANY THANKS for the program guide distribution you've already done!!!
Kathryn

Hey cruel Host Father, this is the cruelst...
Nadienka Wyss
Hey cruel Host Father, this is the cruelst Host Daughter ever!! Because I really couldn't make it on Skype.. trying to catch up with Nicolina too but it seems way to hard to come online during the Canadian timezone:(

It's been also waaaay to long since I last wrote you an email, right?!;) I apologize for that too.

To give you a short insight in my current life:
I moved to Zurich! Can you imagine? :D Well actually it's Winterthur but it's still located in Kanton Zurich. I've started studying Physiotherpie here, that's why I had to come here, living with the Zurich people.. They're nice though, arrogant, but nice. Oh and stressed of course.
Anyway, I live with 3 other students in a lovely appartment. 2 guys, 2 girls and somehow we seem to fit together :)
School's awesome too, we don't just sit there and listen to the lectures, we actually get to do practice a little as well, like role-playing (physiotherapist and patient).

In Bern, everything's and everyone's alright and happy as well :) Hope, you guys are fine too!?

Let me see, I'll try to be online this saturday evening.. around 9pm Swiss time, which will be 3pm your time? Think I'll be online all evening anyway, so you can (try to) reach my by chance ok?

I'd even love to see Maggie! Can you actually believe that I've missed her too? :D

Ok dearest Host Father, gotta go to sleep and get up early to go learn some usefull things!

Miss you and would u please kiss Cora Lee and hug her properly for me? Oh and Chloe as well.

Talk to you soon.

Fondestos and Cheers. Your Dearest Host Daughter Nadienka
Hi Ray

Turned out to be  a beautiful if chilly day for our anniversary.

Had coffee at Betty's Harlow Carr, drove to Burnsall where we did two walks of about 2 miles each on the Dales Way and had lunch at the pub/hotel shown.


Then we drove up to Grassington and back through Blubberhouses on A59 and Harrogate.

Altogether an enjoyable day with the countryside looking good. Not too many Autumn colours yet .
Jim
Sadly The General is flying to Onterrible that morning so he's unavailable.  You will have to find an appropriate partner to do battle against the SISTERS!  Shall I bake and cart over a pear/apple tart?  Tis the season for the harvest fruit.....oops, Corinne cant have wheat....I can do the tart crust with gluten free flour, will that work, or fruit crumble with gluten free topping?????
P,

Thanks for the ride this morning. It set up my day quite nicely.

Your kind words about my family debacle are much appreciated. I apologise if
I was ranting.

I did meet Hurtig a few times at various things -- I quite enjoyed him
actually.

Really enjoyed some of these paraprosdokians -- laughed out loud at a few: I
used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend. I will be in touch sometime Sunday
-- hoping to ride on Monday or Tuesday -- to counter all the beer and hooch
I will have consumed. I will expect you to have put in at least 333.33 kms
for me by then. W
P,

Don't know if this fits the definition: 'He spent all his money on wine,
women and song and then squandered the rest!' W

P,

Maybe you could suggest some times for Tia to play for your mother and her friends. We were thinking maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon would work. The first weekend that will work for Tia is the 12th/13th of November. Kerry is hoping she can do this more than once.

We don’t expect that Tia will be playing more than about 10 or 15 minutes max-- so this does not have to take a lot of time for everyone. W
Ayn P
Ayn P updated her status: "had the most amazing meal at Umami Burger in Studio City with Faith and Angela..Truffle Burger and Sweet Potatoe fries with brown sugar and cinnamon"
David Kessler
David Kessler shared a link: Twenty years after the Oakland hills fire, what has changed?
Twenty years after the Oakland hills fire, what has changed?
oaklandnorth.net
On October 19, 1991, the tiny flame that would become the Oakland hills fire was ignited. The ensuring wildfire, which lasted for several days, took 25 lives, consumed over a thousand acres land, and destroyed more than 3,500 homes. On the 20th anniversary of the fire, Oakland North takes a look at ...
After Oakland hills fire, residents build off-the-wall homes
oaklandnorth.net
On October 20, 1991, the hills above North Oakland and South Berkeley were prey to a three-day urban fire that destroyed over 3,500 homes and instigated a building revolution that permanently transformed the neighborhood for decades to come. Before the fire, the hillside was littered with small, ol...
David Kessler
David Kessler shared a link: Oakland fire: Recovery soothes family's anguish
Oakland fire: Recovery soothes family's anguish
www.sfgate.com
There's a shelf of charred knickknacks in the Ferguson-Scott home high in the Oakland hills. On it lies a clump of almost artfully melted silverware, several doll heads and some fused chunks of glass. In the middle is a...
  

Chloe Alexis Dunn
Chloe Alexis Dunn updated her status: "Grill Cheese......feel like a kid, but used Brie so much more growns up!!!!"
 
Corey Sutherland
Corey Sutherland updated his status: "Lost all my contacts in my phone.. please send me your phone #"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment