Friday 7 October 2011

IIDD, October 7th

We're here to put a dent in the universe. -Steve Jobs, entrepreneur and inventor (1955-2011)  


Pat,
    Thanks for the descriptions of the films. Crime After Crime sounds especially interesting to me.
    I do have Saturday morning completely free till about 12:30, so if you are available and the weather is good, we're on.
    Seat on my old bike has a hole in it which maybe acts as a deterrant. How much can you get for a second-hand bike seat? Of course, there are some very desperate people in our city.
    I'll be in touch.
                                                        Ray

Hi Al, I'm just back from a few days in Victoria. Looking at my schedule, ( which is getting ridiculously full! ), how does Thursday morning after my volleyball practice sound for a ride. Practice ends just before the bell, and of course there's a bit of schmoozing to do and maybe a coffee to drink, but 9:30 ish would be a good time, I think. If not this week, maybe next? Weather depending, of course - I'm not yet addicted to riding at all costs! The route you suggest sounds about right tome. Maybe il conduttore could join us, given the lateness of the hour (as his ADHD-riddled  brain perceives time anyway...)
    
8^)
cheers,
Mark
Hi Whirlissimo!

Funnily enough, I just sent the proofs of The Team II Onomasticon,
Unexpurgated Edition, to be printed on vellum, to UBC Press. I presume Kerry
will oversee all the niggling editorial details. It was delayed by a few
weeks as entry for 'Orrible 'Ungie had to be re-worked!

Big Al just called to say he'd like to join us tomorrow so I suggested
9:30am at the foot of CSTB. If we meet at Macdonald and Point Grey at
shortly after 8:00am, I think that should be about right, at least from past
experience. If we are early, we can always ride along Kent to meet him. His
cell number is:
604-315-6110. I'll pass your mobile number along to him so that we can be in
constant, unrelieved incommunicado!!!

Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Big Al and Marliyn!

Thanks for Halloween invitation. As I mentioned, we'll just have to see what time our VIWF bar shift ends.

To confoim, Big Al, 9:30am at the foot of CSTB. If we are early, Whirlygig and I can always ride along Kent to meet you. His cell number is: 604-254-3027.

I'll pass your mobile number along to him so that we can be in constant, unrelieved incommunicado!!!

Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Patricio,
Sounds like you had a nice ride this morning....glad you are keepig my husband out of trouble
and preventing him from buying anymore motorcycles in his spare time lol
Although Al only just mentioned our Halloween party we have decided to take this year off
because so many of our friends are not able to come.  Have no fear you will first on the list
for our next shindig!  Say hi to Corinne!
Love Marilyn

Hi Ragin!

Thanks for info! I plan to cycle to my shift at VIFF so I'm going to park at the Bicycle Valet near Plaza of Nations. I had my saddle stolen on Sunday when I rode down to Pacific Cinemateque to see the first screening! Had to ride home standing up all the way!!! At any rate, I don't want to risk losing another saddle and don't really want to lug saddle around during game. Furthermore, it'll be easier/safer to get to the Seawall and home afterwards.

I'll be home most of the rest of this afternoon/evening so give me a shout or just drop by. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizio!

Hi Gail!

We'll certainly keep Florida in mind. Thanks. Have always wanted to drive down Eastern Seaboard, after visiting New York, Cora Lee's dream! Be great to visit with Nora/Laury, as well, as I think I've mentioned.

Just came back from delivering more programs for VIWF on Granville Island. After we finished Cora Lee headed off for her shift at WISH. The shelter is having their Thanksgiving meal tonight. I'm still volunteering with VIFF and have seen some simply remarkable documentaries over the last few days.

I plan to cycle to my next shift, (2:00pm-7pm), at VIFF tomorrow so I'm going to park at the free, secure Bicycle Valet, near Plaza of Nations, before attending a Vancouver Whitecaps soccer match at the recently re-opened, (new, re-tractable 500 million roof!), BC Place Stadium, with a friend. I had my saddle stolen on Sunday when I rode down to Pacific Cinemateque, (my assigned theatre), to see the first screening! Had to ride home standing up all the way!!! At any rate, I don't want to risk losing another saddle and don't really want to lug saddle around during game. Furthermore, it'll be easier/safer to get to the Seawall and home afterwards.

Cheers, Patrizio!

Hi Wendy!

I gather you and your sister, Kim, will probably be somewhere in Mexico now. Cora Lee and I are both terribly envious as we had such a wonderful time in Guaybitos!

Enjoy Mexico for us! Cheers, Patrizio!
Hi Simone!

I gather you are back from Ireland. How did you enjoy the country? Cheers, Patrizio!

A dyslexic man walked into a bra.

"Doc, I can't stop singing The Green, Green Grass of Home."
"That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome."
"Is it common?"
"Well, It's Not Unusual."

An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, "Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied, "I know, I amputated your arms!"
 
Hi Champagne and O Susannah!

Thanks for tickets, etc., and fab Blenz passes! Much appreciated. Cheers, Patrizio!
 
Hi again, Riptide!

I'm truly glad you changed the date although same might not be said by Whirlygig et al!
Cheers, Patrizio!

Tax Time

A woman walks into an accountant's office and tells him that she needs to file her taxes.

The accountant says, "Before we begin, I'll need to ask you a few questions." He gets her name, address, social security number, etc. and then asks, "What's your occupation?"
"I'm a prostitute," she says.

The accountant is somewhat taken aback and says, " Let's try to rephrase that."

The woman says, "OK, I'm a high-end call girl".

"No, that still won't work. Try again."

They both think for a minute; then the woman says, "I'm an elite chicken farmer."

The accountant asks, "What does chicken farming have to do with being a prostitute?"

"Well, I raised a thousand little peckers last year."

"Chicken Farmer it is."
  
P,

Thanks for the ride today – nice temp, adequate distance, good company – well mostly.

Saturday evening: Mark & Susan have to pass – sister Kim and father, Doc Aubrey, did not want to commute from White Rock before or after an intense bridge session. Maybe if you drive here, where there is always lots of parking, we can find a DD to get you and C. back home. Or failing that you can walk as you suggested, if you can walk.

I don’t think I will ride Friday so I can keep up with Banksy on Saturday AM.

Let me know how the game went. Love to hear the next chapter in the travails of Friar Tuck and the seating scandal. Give my regards to Ragin, the Schnoz, and other malingerers. W

Hi Whirls!

I would have thought that you would have been itchin' to use your new found Knockdhu on the Lexus Crowd! See you on 2nd! Who's on Foist? Cheers, Il Conduttore!

P,

I will be at Tatlow Park on MacDonald. Take a left at MacDonald and I will
be there at 2nd. Then we can ride down the bike route and not have to deal
with the hostile Lexus crowd on Point Grey road.

Maybe you want to call and confirm the rendezvous.  W 

Hi Kathryn!

I submitted my requests for the Ticket Lottery last night. Thanks. How go
things? I meant to ask you about parking spot today, for our bar shifts at
Studio 1398, to enable Cora Lee and I to transport hootch, etc., from/back
to PW, but plumb did forgit! Let me know when you have a minute and are not
spending all of your time eatin' cake!!! Thanks. Cheers, Patrizio!
I have forwarded your request to Eduardo. It may be that we'll have just to
give you a parking pass. Although at 6:30 at night you don't really need
one, parking being free after 7.

Stayed tuned for details.

Kathryn 
Fowler
Volunteer Manager
***************
Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something. ~Author Unknown

Patricio and Corinne,

You shouldn't need to bring a vehicle actually. Eduardo says all the wine
and beer you need will be kept in the loading bay/garage. Other supplies
should be at the ready either upstairs or in the loading bay as well.

Details to be confirmed. Kathryn
Thank you! See you on Sunday. What time should Henning be at your place
next Saturday? Laura :)
Dinner around 6 pm
Hi Laura:

Sarge doesn't know of any process servers. Perhaps Rick Toews might know of someone. Sorry that I've not been in touch sooner but VIFF has been calling!
 

Great report Patrick. Just had a chance to read all now. Very interesting
films. Sorry to hear about your saddle - ride home sounds painful but good
exercise. I have found a process server now, so all we can do is wait. Not
to worry. See you soon, Laura :)

P,

Ray and I are getting out at 8AM and Ray’s. I knew you had complications but join us if you can.

Sisterhood has delayed Bridge/dinner until 6PM. Hope that start time still work for you guys.

W

Hi Whirlissimo!

Start time is even better as we plan to attend a wine tasting, (Argentinian
winery, Circus, I believe), at Legacy, after I finish my VIFF shift and see
The Turin Horse, (Starring Nietsche, no less! Finishes about 3:30pm), after
which Coriandre has to pick up our inner-city Farms vegetables at 5:00pm.
Day earlier than usual so that customers can have produce for Thanksgiving.
Out of breath, but smelling beguilingly of Torrontés, Malbec and Cabbage,
we'll be knocking on your door at precisely 18:00 hours! Not a moment sooner
or later, even if we have to circle on your porch, nipping chain-cleaner and
porch climber! We plan to bring an plate of organically certified,
vegetarian, sustainable Greek dolmades, via Minerva's, to help stave off the
country's imminent bankruptcy. I trust this will be politically, socially,
environmentally and gustatorily correct. If not, Knockdhu!

Would dearly love to join you BUT I have a fairly tight schedule before
leaving for VIFF shift which starts at 9:45am. Have to prepare acorn squash
for Sunday meal, vacuum, buy the Christmas tree, etc., all plots by The
Sisterhood to keep me away from my cycling mates!!! I'm in charge of spuds
as well but not until Sunday. Speaking of which, I plan to ride that morning
so mention this to Robo Ray and if either or both of you are keen I'd like
to go around 9:00am, given the fact that I assume we will put the Knockdhu
to rest on Saturday night, after you bid 7 No Trump, Doubled and Redoubled!

Enjoy your blissful time together, domani, and think of me, chained by apron
strings, as you plane spot en route to Iona! Cheers, Il Conduttore!


P,

Thanks. See ya around 6PM.

W

Hello Guy, et al!

Trust all goes well. Quite enjoyed the Minimalist in spite of owning nine Apple products! Think the fact that I only own three pieces of underwear, (not counting padded cycling shorts!), and nary a pair of socks, makes up for this crass consumerism, I trust! Sorry that I've not been in touch, of late, but VIFF has been calling!

Hi Lads!

Trust everyone is well.

Just in case anyone needs a copy of Billionaire's Vinegar, I have a VPL copy that isn't due until October 28th. I'm happy to lend it to anyone who might still need it. (In exchange for a bottle of malt, that is!!!) Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Patricio, i am still waiting for my VPL order.. so i should take
your offer :)
Let me know when the pick up will be convenient.thank you
Misha

Hi Misha!

I can leave book on deck and you can pick it up any time that it is convenient for you. Otherwise we will be home all this long weekend. Phone if you plan to come by tomorrow or Monday to make sure we are home or that you'd like me to leave book on patio. Cheers, Il Conduttore!
 

Greetings Patrick.
If it is not already spoken for, I would appreciate the loan of the book. I think we have a good bottle of malt (vinegar) around here somewhere. Guy

Hello Guy!

Misha has already spoken for Billionaire's Vinegar so I spit on your malt vinegar! You might ask him if you could have book first as I think you may well be able to consume it more quickly, given his past track record, and still allow him to have it before Book Club. I'll let you duke it out with him. May the best non-reader win! Cheers, Il Conduttore!


A good Sat. morning chuckle!

Please watch
Remember that satellite that recently was gonna drop a 300# chunk ..... somewhere - maybe Canada, maybe India, maybe Washington State .... but it was gonna fall "somewhere"?  And, there was "only a 1/3200 chance" that it would injure somebody?  Then, NASA announced that it had fallen to earth, but they didn't know where?  Well, here's the straight skinny.

http://wimp.com/nasasatellite/


Hi Big Al!

Sorry I haven't been in touch but I was at a seminar all weekend:

I failed a Health and Safety course yesterday.

One of the questions was:

"In the event of a fire, what steps would you take?"

"Fuckin' large ones" was apparently the wrong answer!

Cheers, Patrizio!
 


Hi Robert!

Congrats on your writing/publishing endeavours. Great work! Sorry that I've not been in touch, of late, but VIFF has been calling!

Hi Roma and Leonard!

Glad everything went well in Edmonton. Terrific that you are enjoying doing a bit of substitute teaching and enjoying it. Your trip to the Netherlands sounds wonderful. For our part, we are going to explore Queensland more than we have ever done before, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, etc. We hope to visit Darwin, as well, but not sure, at this point, just how this segment will fit.

Hi Ariane!

Glad the boys are over their colds! Pleased to participate in the fund raising effort. Hope I, or anyone else, don't need to use hammer but I'll let you know about pie-crust saver once Corinne's Mom arrives in early November and starts baking!!!
 

Hi Jack and Gail:

Did you start working on your medicine cabinet after you left hospital? When you return from Florida we'll try to visit to have a couple of prescriptions filled! Cheers, Patrizio!

Hi Carlos!

Before I forget, I worked, at VIFF, with a lady who will be traveling to Bali with you! She is a court reporter, mostly retired. Great person! Can't recall her name!

We need to apply for new passports. Will you wait for new ones? Bridge when you return, for sure!

Cheers, Patrizio!

Right off the bat, we can't think who this woman is. However, over the 17
days with 39 people we will sleuth this out for sure.

Yes, no rush on the face page of passport. We have until at least Jan to do
this. Bridge definitely before then AND before the snow drifts form at our
place! CC

So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being. -Franz Kafka, novelist (1883-1924)     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment