Tuesday 3 January 2012

IIDD, Jan 3rd

I dreamt that my hair was kempt. Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it. -Ogden Nash, poet (1902-1971) 


Nadienka Wyss Haha sure they are ;) swiss ones are great anyway! how are the Canadians doin over there? Think we might make to skype one day? How are you guys around? Your Cruel Host Daughter!!

Patrick James Dunn Most mornings between 9:00am and noon would probably work!

Hi Dave!

Healthy New Year! Trust you enjoyed yourself! We did. Good friends and family so it was a delight.

Sorry that I've not replied sooner but seem to have been rather busy of late. I gather that Cora Lee replied that she couldn't help with registration. Again, not sure of all the details but I'm quite prepared to go to VPL on the appointed date, at the appointed hour and register for you if you'd like. I guess you would probably have to send me something that stated that I am registering on your behalf in case it seems as if I'm doing it for a joke or other sinister reasons. Anyway, let me know how you would like to proceed. Cheers, Patrizzio!


 Hi Patrick,

Wow. That is very kind of you.  And if you would be able to do that for me, I would greatly appreciate.  So here are my details:

Dave Iverson
110 - 183 West 23rd Street
North Vancouver, BC  V7M 2B1
ph 604 807 8817
DOB:  June 12, 1971

Registration is June 16th.

The last singles event sold out, so my guess is you would have to get there before the library opens on June 16th.

Here is a link to the event:

http://www.vpl.ca/cgi-bin/Calendar/calendar.cgi

And here's a copy of the event details:

Read Dating 35-55

A program for adults

Monday January 16
10:00 am-9:00 pm
Free. Registration required.


Are you single and between the ages of 35 and 55? Do you enjoy reading? Want to meet others who are interested in the same thing? Come to our fun and casual Read Dating event for up to 17 dates in one night. This Read Dating event is a fun and easy way for singles to meet lots of potential dates in one evening. Participants are given 4 minutes to chat with each person, and will be provided with a temporary email to exchange. Bring your favourite book, DVD, or CD to discuss.
Registration begins on Monday, January 16 at the Popular Reading information desk on Level 2.
Program id 28825

Thanks Patrick.  Let me know what else you need to know.

Cheers, Dave


Hi Dave!

Trust first work week in 2012 went well. Thanks for registration details, etc. Sorry that I've not been in touch a bit sooner. Not quite sure where all of the time has gone and the new year has only just begun! Let me know if there are any changes before the 16th registration. Otherwise, I'll make sure to be in line as soon as VPL opens! Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hey!, isn't that the Vancouver Aquatic center? Talk about killing two birds
with one stone!. Only Pat could be obsessive enough to pull that one off!.

Seriously though, would love to get out with the gang again soon. I have
managed to get out quite a bit over the last while and thoroughly enjoying
it. I rode down to False creek and back on Thursday, then took my kids down
to ride around Stanley park on Saturday and then rode downtown and back
again yesterday. At this rate I hope to be trained well enough to keep up
with you long distance guys! . I wish everyone a very healthy and prosperous
New Year and will look forward to getting out again when the weather
cooperates.

Cheers, Al


Gang,

I am sure the Guinness record for "longest distance cycling without touching the ground while having to dipsy doodle in circles during red lights"  is probably already set pretty high, so it makes sense the Conductoré has innovated.  I am not sure about the tank though.  A hose to a floating device at the surface with a pedal driven pump to produce the pressure required to deliver air would eliminated the problem of the tank running out.

Dear Detractors!

As Sharktooth Annie used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't bother saying anything at all!" So much for listening to your own Mothers' words of sage advice!!! Nevertheless, since I have received no calls for requests for rides from the Know-it-Alls, I have managed a number of invigourating outings, in spite of the inclement weather over this past week, as some of my more valued friends will already know!

Started off the New Year regimen with a two mile swim at the Aquatic Center on Monday. Shoulder felt pretty good so quite exhilarated to be back, "surging" through the water. More like "plowing" than "surging" but still felt wonderful. Don't think it had much to do with cycling on the bottom of the pool but I may well be mistaken!

On Thursday, however, I wanted to hit pool again so decided I'd go for a shorter ride beforehand. Turned right at Seawall junction to head to downtown and followed bike route all the way to Canada Place. One needs to make a slight detour to avoid stairs leading to Convention Center, beside Seaplane Terminal, but an easy one as bicycle accessible ramps allowed me to keep my feet on the pedals! A major concern, as you well know, Dear Reader! Must say that ride along Canada Place deck is quite picturesque, providing a simply glorious view of North Shore and the mountains, together with terrific panorama of harbour and container cranes, etc. About 4K from turnoff, (11K to that point), so I dipsy-doodled a bit heading back to Aquatic Centre to have 24K on odometre, in anticipation of being able to log final tally, magic number 31.33K, by time I was home. Swim went well although I had to sign numerous autographs after I broke surface in the shallow end. Applause was more than deafening and I was toweled off by stanchion worthy pretties in very skimpy bikinis before being massaged by two Swedish masseuses, with scented oils and aphrodisiacal unguents in the sauna! I upped distance to 2.5miles, inching my way towards 3 mile goal as a benchmark, as I used a new and improved Übersnorkel. I broke that barrier before the 31st but want to make it my "normal" (ie., without wheels), swim distance. Veddy, veddy slow but sure.

Tuesday looks like first day for a ride so am wondering if any of the Unbelievers/ Highly Skeptical, Guinnless or Just Plain Jealous are interested in going toe-to-toe with The Übersnorkel. Let me know about proposed route, (I propose riding beneath False Creek so that we could attach a few limpet mines to the hull of the Inside Passage!), and rendezvous time/place, if so. Cheers, Patrizzio, Übermensch Unterwasser Radfahrer!


Hi Simone and Sabine! Wishes for a Healthy, Happy New Year from The Island Inn!

Thanks for the lovely snap of Berne and good wishes. We had an eventful and happy time over the holidays. More news later when I catch up! Have included this website as I believe it may well have been photographed in Switzerland! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DcvgIHQG37E



Healthy New Year Greetings from The Island Inn!

Hello Eveline and Heinz!

Thanks for the good wishes. More than pleased to learn of Eveline's long awaited recovery! We had an eventful and happy time over the holidays. More news later when I catch up! Have included this website as I believe it may well have been photographed in Switzerland! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DcvgIHQG37E



Hi Carmen Miranda and Southside Johnny!

Thank you both for the lovely card and best wishes. Same to you, of course. We had a very pleasant New Year's Eve. Relatively quiet, compared to that of Clan Sutherland. Grogg and Lurch were over, staying at the Granville Island Hotel, as they left next day to start their South Pacific holiday/cruise. Grogg brought his guitar and Steve, our friend from Melbourne, rented a mandolin, so we went downstairs before dinner to have a drink. I wrote The Freeloader Blues and lads performed it. Quite a hit!

Surtherlands all went dancing at the Granville Island Hotel after their dinner. We ate upstairs with Clara/Dusty, Steve/Kathleen and Kathleen's sister Lorraine, G/L, and another friend of ours, Branko. G/L left at 11:00am, C/D a bit earlier, and Steve lay down just before midnight, so it was only the five of us to ring in 2012!

Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment