Tuesday 20 December 2011

IIDD, Dec 20th

A sculpture of Hanuman in terra cotta 


My stories run up and bite me in the leg -- I respond by writing them down -- everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go and runs off. -Ray Bradbury, science-fiction writer (b. 1920) 


Chloe Alexis Dunn OMG A, what happened to our D???? He's like a jewish Mrs. Doubtfire!!!! LOL xx
Patrick James Dunn
All I want for Christmas is a yarmulke, some gefilte fish and plenty of Matzoh balls and you meshugge daughters won't need from anything. Snapped? You want snapped already! I'll give you snapped, Little Miss Fancy Smancy Pants, you should be so lucky. Oy Vey, if I've said it once I'll say it again! Oy Vey! I need a kosher dill and some lox, maybe some cream cheese from a toasted bagel already, hold the sesame seeds. They always stick in my teeth and that dentist, Dr Goldblum, he calls himself a dentist yet, he should be so lucky. What does he know about flossing let alone root canals. Ask my good friend Rosie what he doesn't know about teeth, she'll tell him. But he knows about geld. Oy Vey! My feet hurt. Corinne where are my support hose already? You want I should have swollen ankles and blood clots dancing in my brain. You should be so lucky. Oy Vey!!!

6 more sleeps!!


    • Patrick James Dunn When I was a kid, in Cyprus, these days before Christmas passed with agonizing slowness!

      Ayn P Happy first day of Hannukuh Poppa Dunnfeld...may your dreidel always keep a spinning!
      Patrick James Dunn Spinning, snapping already! What is from all this whirling and jumping, I ask? Stay in one place already. You'll get dizzy and womit up all my chicken soup and then it will come out of your nose for sure and more geld for Dr Cohen! You make me from nuts already! Stay still, may I be so lucky! Corinne, my pills! You at least need to move from the couch already. You can't think about me for once. Me, me, me not you, you, you for a change. Are you a cripple? Are you walking on one leg? My ankles are so swollen they look like Florida grapefruit when we went there with the Zieglers, you remember, before our meshugge goils, those were the days, may I be so lucky again, came to torture me. I even asked Rabbi Hershel why is God punishing me? Am I Job already? I live in Flatbush not Canaan from the Old Testament. Did God skip Geography Class too? And now you, of all people. What about "In sickness and in health", genug already. Oy Vey!
 


"It's the most wonderful time of the year
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap- happiest season of all!"

From our place to yours, we send all of our best wishes and hope you
are enjoying this wonderful time of year! Here's an overview of our
vineyard in its late autumn glory, just before winter sets in.


COFFARO CHRISTMAS NEWS 2011

The four of us are doing well, enjoying our lives apart and together.
Kate and her boyfriend Paul both became officially credentialed
engineers in 2011 and celebrated by taking a trip to Prague, Vienna and
Budapest in September. Susie is working as a daycare counselor for a
nonprofit in Seattle, also volunteering at a children's nonprofit
writing center. Having just finished up another stressful, successful
harvest season, Dave and Pat are back to the everyday routine of running
the winery, grateful for good health which allows us to take trips up
north to see Susie on occasion or into San Francisco to visit with Kate
from time to time. Otherwise, we've spent most of this past year here on
the farm. Next year we're dreaming of taking a family vacation to
somewhere "exotic" like Rio or Sicily, or maybe even New Orleans!

Take care and hope the rest of your holiday season is happy, safe and
stress-free! Love Pat, Dave, Kate & Susie


Hi Pat and David, Kate and Susie!

Lovely to hear from you and know that all goes so well for you and your family. Wonderful picture of vineyards! Your possible trip to Sicilia sounds exciting if you can convince Dave! If he won't fly to Europe, at least visit us in Vancouver when you are in Seattle!!! We are off to Hong Kong, Australia and Japan on March 5th until end of May so looking forward to exploring places, (HK/Japan), we've never traveled to before! From all of us at The Island Inn, fond regards and best wishes for a Happy Christmas and Healthy New Year to you both and family. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 


Thank you both - we enjoyed the "card". Sorry to say I am contemplating the latest Kindle in the New Year particularly since two books I ordered on Amazon haven't arrived yet- which is most unusual. These were books on my usual boring subjects which are not in any North Yorks libraries yet

I do have to say that the updated Harrogate library is excellent-especially when compared with our local Wetherby one and I reserve books from any of the North Yorks libraries -for a fee of course.

Further good wishes Jim 


Ayn:

Did you know about this?

http://www.invisiblethemepark.com/2009/06/disneyland-matterhorn-secret-basketball-court-inside/

Disney, The Dark Side!


  I once knew all the Disney secrets but when you leave the company they wipe your memory clean to protect their assets!

Hi Tinsel Town!

I should have known as we do the same when we de-nest. That way our baby chicks won't remember the combination to the lock on clothes wardrobe or the PINs to debit cards, credit cards, or where to find the car keys, feta cheese, etc. The Island Inn, Paving The Mean Streets with Tough Love. Our corporate Logo! Yours sincerely, Patrick PayPal Dunn, Vice-President, Advertising and Community Relations, per No Nonsense Nana, Die Direktoren, Finance and Accounts Recieveable!



Poppa,

It's "Accounts Receivable" not "Accounts Recievable" (that one's for you
Chloe!!) I before E, except after C!



Thanks A, glad you have my back!!! xx

Dear Miss UCLA!

I've raised a university smarty pants, grammar professor, already! What do I know from Spell Check. Bite the hand that fed you knishes and kugel. You have a PhD in insults and disrespect, God forbid. I should pay for this. For this I struggled all my life? Which commandment says you can't make an error? Which one? One error and I'm a schlemiel already! Oy Vey! Corinne....


The mean streets were always warmer and friendlier than Hotel Kits!  


Dear Tinsel Town:

Please pass along this valuable information to certain reluctant chicks! Cheers, Bob and Harv!




Hi Tinsel Town!

I should have known as we do the same, here at The Island Inn/Hotel Kits Inc., when we de-nest. That way our baby chicks won't remember the combination to the lock on the clothescloset or the PINs to debit cards, credit cards, or where to find the car keys, feta cheese, etc. The Island Inn, Paving The Mean Streets with Tough Love. Our corporate Logo! Yours sincerely, Patrick PayPal Dunn, Vice-President, Advertising and Community Relations, per No Nonsense Nana, Die Direktoren, Finance and Accounts Receivable! 




Dad, put a knish in it already!!! xx


My Goils!

I'll put a knish in it! I'll put a knish in it! This is gratitude already? Oy Vey! I'll put turkey bacon in the frying pan with your latkes, you ungrateful vegetarian scorpion! What's wrong with a little fowl grease. My mother and her mother, God Bless her soul, always used goose fat. This is too good for you? How about minced reindeer in your blintzes? Then you'll see a red nose from Rudolph! I'll put a knish in it! From tochis already she says! Oy Vey!
 

Hi Corrine and Patrizio,

Thanks for the card, loved the bit about the Bicycle, how fitting!.
We hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well.

Love,Al, Colleen, Jesse, Jake and Ollie xo 


Hi I love the card! I just sent you one the old fashioned method.
I hope you have a great Christmas and I hope I see you soon.
Love Rhoda  


And a very happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to all of you my friends. Bev Power

Nice greeting card!
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Roma & Leonard
 



Hi Folks.
Thanks for thinking of the other half. Oh Susanna!



Love the bike and book theme. Thank you and best wishes! Brenda


Dear Patrick:

Thank you for the nice E-card. From our house to your house we wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Ken & Denise
 


Steve McQueen, (Terrence Steven McQueen), once the highest-paid actor in the world, whose talents seared the screen in such movies as Bullitt, The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, The Magnificent Seven, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Getaway, Papillon, and The Towering Inferno, was the product of a one-night stand that stretched into a year and six months of misery between Terrence William McQueen, a handsome, philandering stunt pilot for a traveling circus, and Jullian Craw­ford, a teenage alcoholic prostitute. Terrence William left Jullian and Steven for good six months after the boy was born. Unable to cope with single mother- hood, Jullian soon abandoned Steven. As casually as she changed clothes (or took them off), Jullian passed him off to her uncle, the wealthy but emotionally distant Claude Thomson. 

 
Hi Patrice,

Thanks again for making it out, it was great to see you albeit very
briefly. We had a great time and lot's of people wound up dropping by so it
felt very festive. As you know I spent four days non stop redoing the
ceiling and floor in the front room so I was pretty sore and tired the next
day although staying up 'til 2:30 with our neighbours probably helped as
well!. I would have liked to chill and do nothing on Sunday but as it turned
out We had two open houses and a birthday to attend so no rest for the
wicked! . I finally laid around Monday morning after my obligatory crunches
and push ups and watched TV, then did some christmas shopping and got a
haircurt in the in the afternoon. Feeling much better now and thinking about
a ride soon, I may go skiing on Thursday afternoon evening but otherwise I'm
free, have you got some time?.

Cheers, Al

PS I've included the digital version of the cycle world magazine cover so
you could see a better version but as promised I will get it printed for
you. Sorry the quality isn't great but it's good for a laugh anyway! Take care.


Give the gift that keeps on giving!

www.WhereWillSantaLive.ca
Climate change is melting the North Pole and it's no longer safe for Santa and his Workshop. You can help! Buy gifts to help him set up a temporary workshop and protect the North Pole for his return.
 
Hi Big Al, (and Ray)!

I'm keen on a ride tomorrow and I'd like to combine it with a swim so around Stanley Park is what I'd like to do. Not sure if this suits you both you so let me know and we'll plan accordingly. If you would like to do more distance, obviously, do just that. My shoulder seems to be responding quite well so I want to keep swimming. Who knows, a full recovery!

Not a big deal but with respect to the digital version of the cycle world magazine cover you mentioned you'd attached, I guess your mind was on the Shape-O-Meter, (Watching re-runs, I surmise!), as no pics were included.

At any rate, let me know when and where, if at all. Cheers, Patrizio!



Hi Guys,
I have a couple things to do in Kerrisdale tomorrow so I had planned on heading along Kent as I have a stop near Granville and S.W. Marine and then another at Larch and 41st. I could maybe head down toward S.park after that. I'll probably head out here at around ten and wind up in Kerrisdale about 11:30 - 12:00 . Does that work? Anyone talk to Marcus?


Pat/Al,
 

Lunch time suits me. Meet at Heartbreak Hotel? Ray


Hi, I can meet you at the heartbreak around that time.

Ray, are you communicable... Via cell phone? If so can you give me your number? Thanks, Al 


Hi Lads!

See you at The Heartbreak Terrace at High Noon. Since Robo Ray and I spit on mobiles you can call me at 604-734-9200 up until 11:59am when I will be heading out to the Parkade. If we don't connect by then we will circle at Stanchion Centrale, Plaza of Nations, for 5 minutes and then we are off in search of Lycra Ladies! Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Everyone
Am doing cards the lazy man's way.. Actually I forgot to buy cards and time is running out.
2011 was pretty good here except for the flood. The walk-out was totally under water and needs to be all re-done. We are going to wait until spring just in case we get hit twice ,we don't want to exert all of  our energy if we don't need to.

On Sept 27th I became a great gramma...... I'm called gigi because all of the other names for grandmas are used up by other people,and that sounds a little like a Ukranian word so what the heck. Chloe Isabella is almost 3 months old and a delight. She has lots of hair,and smells so sweet most of the time. The proud parents are Scott and Victoria Aspinall,and also proud new grandparents  are Debbie and Ken. Kelly has moved to Monitor Alta and you can always check up what she's up to on her web-site., Kev is doing his thing in Edmonton and Ken and Deb are busy with much work and council. They did a lot of work to get the new rink up and running. Orv would be proud.
My  grandkids are all  starting their careers,Cindy is finishing her social work degree, Sian is contemplating what to do, Ty is taking his journeymen mechanic trade,Craig is working on the oil patch,and M.J. is in grade 11, and in the school play tonight. I still get to watch Craig play hockey with the Grenfell Spitfires.
My girlfriend and I got back from China on the 29th of Nov. What a memorable trip. We saw so much It was definitely worth the time and the long flight.
The kids threw a surprise birthday party for me  for my 70th. Whoa, they totally had me buffaloed. They cleaned up the basement while I was gone to China and filled it with decorations, food, drink and friends. We had a super time.
Almost reaady for Christmas now. Hope your Christmas is special........and don't forget the reason for the season!!!   And have a Great 2012


Hi Shirley!

Lovely to hear from you and know that all goes so well for you and your family. Your trip to China sounded wonderful. We are off to Hong Kong, Australia and Japan on March 5th until end of May so looking forward to exploring places, (HK/Japan), we've never traveled to before!

From all of us at The Island Inn, fond regards and best wishes for a Happy Christmas and Healthy New Year to you and family. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi again,

I am so glad you will be able to come, I hope C. won't have too much trouble with the stairs but lots of bodies around to help if needed.
I don't expect you to bring anything, really, however,,, I am not that great at gluten free appetizers so if you want would like to bring along something in that line, that would be great.
I hope no one is allergic to seafood? I am making sure it is gluten free so don't worry about that.
Cheers, Sylvia 


Hi Sylvia!

We'll certainly bring some appetizers. Stairs shouldn't present any difficulty as Cora Lee has already negotiated similar flight at Keating's last Wednesday, on her bottom, one step at a  time!

Cheers, Patrizio!


Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear about Michelle's rather nasty accident. I have just got home
from a rather intoxicating afternoon with a few mates from work and Claire
and I are off to a Brazilian restaurant tonight and I have steadfastly
refused to shave various sensitive parts so I am hoping the food is good, we
shall see. We both hope you have great Christmas season we are planning bike
riding and kayaking depending on the weather. It is promised to be in the
mid to high 20's with little rain. I suspect a little warmer than your home
town. Have great time and we look forward to your ongoing stories being time
poor this is it from me.

Cheers Greg and Claire


Cute card.  I hadn't seen it. 
Tried to reply thru the card app but it wouldn't go.  Didn't take time to figure out what went wrong.  (Starr tells me the reply goes to facebook)  I am not up on facebook.  Have decided it is an age thing.  Instead of visiting on line like my grandkids seem to do, we just invite visitors which take up lots of time.  My cousin, Starr, is here now.  She lives in Burien. 
 
We just got our decorations up.  I brought 2 boxes to FL but missed the xmas tree and a pinecone wreath.  Either that or I lost it in the closet.  Small place with lots of stuff stacked.  After 2 seasons I am still not organized.

Thanks for the greeting.  Hope you have an inspiring Xmas too. Gail & Jack
 

Hello Patrick and Cora Lee,
I hope you are well.  Less hopping...
We speak about Canada a lot, but the plans are not definitive. Our collegues also have the right to go on holiday, so we try to fit in. If we go than it will be in July/August. We keep you posted.
Have a very merry Christmas and a healthy and happy new year. XXX Karin
 



Kudos from Babes...did not know anyone my...
Ginette Bertrand20 December 21:02
Kudos from Babes...did not know anyone my vintage could still be call a "Babe"...my past years of trying to entice everyman I met way beyond me. But I meant it about your writing, so witty and fun etc. Wishing you and yours the best of Christmas!
Thank you for the lovely card, Patrick:) The...
Morana Peric20 December 04:33
Thank you for the lovely card, Patrick:)

The whole family sends their regards too. Be sure to hug Chloe and Cora Lee for me.

From the more recent news: I didn't get the job at IKEA, but I did get an even better job last Friday. It's for Booking.com, an internet hotel-site, and I'm very much looking forward to start working for them. They're sending me to Vienna and Amsterdam for training and I can't wait to start... I think my life is finally taking a turn for better. We might even come to visit you in Vancouver sooner than we expected:)

All the best for Christmas and New Year!! :) love, Morana







No comments:

Post a Comment