Thursday 22 December 2011

IIDD, Dec 22nd


Love love love tree monkeys!!!!
 
  


All you free-loaders out there better be taking the time to acknowledge the parents who pay your bills or let you live rent-free so you can look like you got "swag"...just sayin'! Check yourself in the mirror! Ya'll know who you are...now go find your Mommies
Patrick James Dunn What about your Daddies?
 
Krampus is coming to town.


There is nothing so despicable as a secret society that is based upon religious prejudice and that will attempt to defeat a man because of his religion. -William Howard Taft, 27th US president (1857-1930) 
Hi Guys!

Great ride today, except of course for Patricio's unfortunate mechanical /
alightment issues!. How fortunate were we to have such a glorious day, I
took some pictures while riding so they are not of the highest quality but
pretty decent all the same. I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas! take
care and we'll see you soon.
A glorious day indeed, thank you gentlemen!
Pat I note with some newfound respect your ability to adapt and change your game plan on the fly! That bespeaks a well "grounded" individual.  I am of the opinion, however, that the crossing of your fingers is not fancy enough "footwork" to counter the effects of your steppage today, You neglected to bow thrice towards Sol in acknowledgement of the solstice, thereby negating the effects of said finger-crossing...

Merry Saturnalia anyway! Thanks for the pics Al! 8^) cheers, Mark
Hello Cycling Support Crew!

Great snapolas, Big Al. I cite fuzziness/blurred image, of one showing my flat tire due to my continuous levitation, (actually incorporating requisite number of obeisant prostrations to Sol), proving, in fact, that my feet never touched the ground, contrary to Marcus Aurelius and his undiminished scepticism. O Burnaboid of Little Faith!!! Krampus will certainly be making a visit to your house! May the revels begin! Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Dear Patrick,

Well this is novel. Giving a gift to Santa during the holidays.

On behalf of Santa, thank you for supporting the David Suzuki Foundation this holiday season.

By purchasing a “Where will Santa Live?” gift and sharing it with a loved one this holiday season, you are helping turn back climate change and save the magic and splendor of Canadian winters for future generations.

Although we’ve had some fun with “Where Will Santa Live?” there is a sobering reality to this campaign.

The fact remains that climate change is threatening the future of winter in Canada. We must take action now to save Canada’s most iconic season.

If you’re eager to do more, please spread the word and tell your friends and social networks about our campaign.

Visit www.WhereWillSantaLive.ca and click the Share icons on the left or share this video of David and Santa house hunting http://youtu.be/tjVtZAhGScQ.

Sincerely, The David Suzuki Foundation





Knishes and More!If Poppa thinks he's a Jewish grandma we now have plenty of documentation on hand to have him committed!

(heads off to computer to print out Facebook comments)



Hi and Merry Christmas to you all. This is my Merry Christmas card and note to all and included are my greatest wishes for a wonderful and love filled New Year.  Wow can not believe that it is that time of year already. Again we were lucky and had a fabulous fun filled  busy year. As I look back on the year, I find the adventures of life amazing and awesome even though they are not exactly what I had planned when it started In Jan. I am glad we do not always know what is in store for us but then again sometimes a heads up would not be a bad thing ha ha. I was so lucky to have spent 3 fantastic months Jan - April in Mexico and I loved each minute, I was so very blessed that Mom and Dad could come for 3 weeks and had a such a great time with them. They are looking forward to coming again this year. Yeaaaa!!! Mom even brought in her suitcase a birthday cake for me, it was so Delicious too, Thanks Mom. We had a full house last year ( and getting full this year as well) and it made it so much fun and the time passed so quickly. Kim my sister and great friend, is my partner in crime and stays most of the time.  I am so glad for that but unfortunately Bruce did not make it and we all missed him being there- but he is coming this year.YEAA!!  Wayne's sister Gwen and Hubby came for the 3 months and I enjoyed them being there,but  they were anxious to be getting back home as found 3 months a long time. My girlfriend of 40 some years came with her friend Barb but they stayed across the yard at Las Brisas as our house was full.  We got to spend lots of time together and it was tons of fun and am looking forward to her coming this year. Our boys Daniel. Curtis and Curtis Girlfriend Adrienne came for a week. Unfortunately they got a bit of the Mexican flu YUK so it put a damper on their short stay but we did love having them there and are hoping one day maybe Hunter, Wyatt and Kaitlyn. ( our grandchildren)will get to come. Kim's daughter Melissa and Her granddaughter Chloe came and we had a great time with them and will enjoy Melissa again this year as well. And of Course my wonderful Husband Wayne came last year for 5 weeks and this year I have convinced him to stay for 6 weeks. I love when he is there but guess someone has to stay and home and work sometimes ha ha.He surprised me with a second birthday cake that weighed about 10 pounds ( well it was extremely heavy and delicious) and flowers that weighed about the same and he carried them both from town about a mile to our house. That was no easy task I tell you, but he made it with only sore arms and out of breath but the cake was  amazing and flowers they were beautiful. We are so excited this year as my Brother Greg and wife Cathy are coming to the new house we are renting. I am really hoping it will be finished when we get there. We are renting this big big house from a Mexican family  but it was not finished when we saw it last. He said it would be for sure done by the time we get there so I have my fingers crossed. 
  Wayne had a very successful year hunting this year and had lots of hunting time as while he was gone Kim and  I had quite the adventure cruising from Vancouver to what was supposed to be our destination of Puerto Vallarta but because of Hurricane threats we ended up flying from San Diego to Dallas spending the night and then fly the next day to Puerto Vallarta so we did reach our destination but not easily. It was hot  hot and humid hot the whole time we were in Mexico  but we loved it any way and managed to secure a house for this year.. We lucked out and got to stay at some good friends of ours ( Paul and Sheri from Alaska) place which we Loved and sure appreciated, They were only there for 1 week of our stay so did not get to see them much. They were smart and came much later when it cooled off a bit. Since I arrived home I have done  some archery lessons I sold some stuff on Craig's list, We have seen lots of the grandkids and Curtis and Daniel which is the best part of being home and the best days of my life. Unfortunately Curtis and his girl Adrienne have parted ways so we have been helping him look for places to live. It started out a place to rent but since he needs a reasonable priced place with 2 bedrooms and a place to park his boat it is not easy so are now looking for a place to buy. We have not found one yet but convinced him to move into our house for 3 months while we are  away in Mexico, as it we will be glad to have someone at the house and help run the shop a bit while Wayne is gone. He has to be out of his place by Jan 1st so is keeping us hopping. We got most of his stuff moved over the other day and the boys bunk beds set up so they were very happy to stay last night and have their own beds to sleep in. Me too I love waking up to these wonderful little people in my house-- they are awesome and so looking foreword to Christmas with them. .  I leave Jan 14th for Mexico for 3 months again so things have been in a whirlwind but then I love chaos ha ha. Actually I really do love the fun in being  busy and even the chaos. There will only be 7 of us, Wayne Curtis, Daniel his girl Chelsey, Hunter, Wyatt and me here this year for Christmas. As Curtis only gets they boys from 1 pm - about 8pm.  Mom is having Carol and her family for Christmas and there will be 9 at here house Kim is having her kids and that makes 10 at her place. Everyone's house is going to be busy and full of fun and of course food.
Wayne's hunting started in the spring where he was lucky to have Curtis as his hunting partner and they both managed to get a bear. He then went once more with his friend Wayne and got a bear. He then went hunting with his friend Darrell and they got 2 moose.  His next adventure was awesome as Wayne got to hunt with his Dad again this year along with our son  Daniel,and 2 brother in laws Doug and Jim, They went near Chetwin BC. and they were very successful as they got in  2 elk 2 moose and 3 deer.
Since I was still in Mexico he went with his Friend Bruce and they got a moose. Even thought our freezer was full and so was most of his hunting partners he could not miss out on the  club hunt shoot in Rock Creek  and both Daniel and Curtis got to go so is always such a special time when they all get to go together, yes and they got 2 whitetail deer.. Curtis the week earlier managed to get a really nice 3 point mule deer. Many hours were spent then cutting, wrapping and grinding hamburger but got is all done and in the freezer. We will be eating like Kings again this year. Thank goodness our families love wild meat and that it is so good for you as this year it is plentiful. I really have so much more to tell everyone but no doubt by now you are all getting board as this is getting to be a book not a note so I will conclude by saying I did have a great year and am so thankful for my wonderful life. I Love my life. I am blessed to have such a great family and good friends, few worries and lots of Love and happiness. I wish the same for each of you as we go into the New year.
Have a good one Love Wendy 
PS this below is the rest of my Christmas email 
for those who understand this
quidado XOXOXO
Wishing you the best holiday season ever!
                                                                                          
MY CHRISTMAS E-MAIL
I have a list of people I know, all logged in my computer,
and now at Christmas time I have gone to take a look and that is
when I realize that these names are a part, not of the computer
they're stored in, but of my heart.

 
For each name stands for someone who has crossed my
path sometime, and in that meeting they've become the
rhythm in each rhyme and while it sounds fantastic for
me to make this claim, I feel that I'm composed of each
remembered name.
And while you may not be aware of any special link, 
just meeting you has changed my life, a lot more than
you think! For when I do a Christmas E-mail that is
addressed to you, it's because you're on the list of
people I'm indebted to.
And whether I have known you for many
years or few, in some way you have been a part of shaping
things I do and now that Christmas has come, I realize anew,
the best gift life can offer is meeting people like you.



A MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON to you
AND HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY
AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR !

Hi Wendy and Wayne!

Thanks for newsy Christmas letter and wishes.  Happy Christmas to you Abbotsford Folk! Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hello Fagin,
Thank you so much for the Hi Tech card!
I'm just recovering from my jet lag and a persistent cold, but otherwise everything is fine around here. We even went for a hike up Cypress yesterday (minor one).

Scrooge bought a fabulous micro stereo (JVC) for his loved one at, effectively, 50 bucks (after a discount of 100 due to the purchase of a cell phone), and we are truly enjoying it.   
We will leave for the island (Campbell River) early on Saturday morning and return on Tuesday. New Year is, as usual with Jane and me, totally hanging in the air. We may go to the cabin and we may not. With whom we're going to celebrate, I don't have a clue.
Whatever, I do hope we can get together soon.All our best wishes to you and the rest of your clan, Kjell 

Hi Patricio,
Thanks for your e-mail with lots of details on the poor ladies' struggles with injuries. I sure sounds like a bunch of seniors with all those ailments. Congrats on your 64th! I should have sent greetings earlier as I'm sure I have a reminder from Facebook, but was on a gruelling marathon travel last week and all my focus was on survival. (Kelowna-Vancouver-Tucson (for a day of meetings)-Dallas-Santiago-Iquique (that's a coastal city in northern Chile, for a site visit in the Atacama desert)-Santiago (day of meetings)-Miami-Dallas-Vancouver-Penticton), all in the space of 6 days. Atacama photo attached. It all went well in spite of travelling with a cold, but it sure is nice to be home to our cosy fireplace.
We heard from Kathleen yesterday, saying that they're not going to be able to make the Okanagan sojourn. Too bad, but I don't blame them as it could be a difficult trip in January.
Life in Naramata is good. We attended a nice party at Nichol Vineyard on Sunday, Ross and Nichole entertaining their employees and sharecroppers, lots of good food and Nichol wines. A number of other events with our Naramata and Penticton friends. I was feeling so guilty that I bought a treadmill this week and installed it in the garage. The first workout was great so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up after the Christmas binge season.
Lynnie and I are driving to Victoria on Saturday, the 24th. We have quite a busy social calendar lined up for our five days there. We may not stop over in Vancouver on the way back, but plans still a bit fluid.
All the best to you and Corinne all the Island Inn crowd.  Cheers, Peter 


Hi Bev and Kev!

Thanks for Christmas wishes but there wasn't a link to open! Just a quick note as Her Majesty is "bellowing" for help in kitchen! We are in the process of making two very large, cafeteria style trays of stuffing for lunch for homeless at church tomorrow!

We are hosting an Open House On the 1st so look forward to seeing some of the friends we've not seen in some time. Happy Christmas to you both, Bev and Kev, and family. Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hello Patrick and Cora Lee,
I hope you are well.
Less hopping...
We speak about Canada a lot, but the plans are not definitive.
Our collegues also have the right to go on holiday, so we try to fit in.
If we go than it will be in July/August.
We keep you posted.
Have a very merry Christmas and a healthy and happy new year.
XXX Karin.
Hi Karin!

Thanks for Christmas wishes. Just a quick note as Her Majesty is "bellowing" for help in kitchen! We are in the process of making two very large, cafeteria style trays of stuffing for lunch for homeless at church tomorrow!
 
We are hosting an Open House On the 1st so look forward to seeing some of the friends we've not seen in some time. Happy Christmas to you and family. Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!

My Goils!

I'll put a knish in it! I'll put a knish in it! This is gratitude already? Oy Vey! I'll put turkey bacon in the frying pan with your latkes, you ungrateful vegetarian scorpion! What's wrong with a little fowl grease. My mother and her mother, God Bless her soul, always used goose fat. This is too good for you? How about minced reindeer in your blintzes? Then you'll see a red nose from Rudolph! I'll put a knish in it! From tochis already she says! Oy Vey!
 
Hi Patrick

My apologies for missing your birthday. Another excuse for an over indulgent December but only 64k on the (bike)clock too. Even so are you setting a dangerous precedent for later years? I shall work on the basis of a birthday ride of (100-age in years)km.

Despite my lingering cold I managed a short( for you) 20k romp on the bike in cold bright sunshine yesterday. A bit of ice about but nothing dangerous. Good job I did as I sit looking out at the pouring rain today. Despite the north's reputation we have avoided snow entirely so can gloat over the south and Scotland.

Leg injuries seem to be topical here unfortunately. Our son-in law Ed, that mature medical student, went out to celebrate finishing his 4th year exams- no doubt with the younger, less mature students, fell we know not how and broke his ankle. Chris and I have been very sympathetic as you would expect and have not enquired too far and have remained uncritical. I feel my behaviour has been exemplary and for once Christine agrees. It took three visit to the RVI in Newcastle to get the pot from preventing Ed going blue in the face.

This means that Laura will have the job of chauffeuring for the next 6 weeks which we are not entirely happy about- including travel down to her mother-in-laws in Northampton.

It sounds like Ray and Sylvia have been busy too- do I take it Ray is going into business not as a gardener or cook but as a web based sports clothing provider. I do look forward to seeing pictures of you in the new lycra outfit.  I am seriously going to look at the booties although they may not fit in with the rest of my winter cycling attire. Five upper layers and two lower ones yesterday.

We are looking forward to hosting Laura and Ed and Rich at Christmas with Chris's mother followed by my mother and my sister and brother-in law on Boxing Day when I have my annual day at Wetherby Races watching the family squander their money.
The races at Wetherby scheduled for Boxing and New Years day are frequently postponed due to frost- I have mixed feelings although everyone here is glad to get out and about after Christmas Day.

BBC Radio 4 radio had a discussion about Canada as I drove up to Hartlepool on Saturday. Do I understand that there is a move to replace the beaver with the polar bear as a national emblem with all the implicit thinking behind such a move? Polar bears are a contentious issue here not only because of Al Gore but the BBC has been accused of treating us like idiots by inserting zoo pictures in their Frozen Planet Series eg cub births. David Attenborough has had his saint like position a little eroded while of course the BBC has dug another hole along with its totally biased political agenda. I am awaiting a mass movement to refuse to pay the licence fee. I see too that the Dunn's are not above such picture enhancement tricks.

Did you ever get the next episodes of Downton Abbey . We are due a Christmas Special . I still haven't been able to see earlier episodes of MI5/Spooks- another illicit copy?  The big TV thing over the last 14 weeks has been Celebrity Come Dancing.

You are right about the lack of the M vitamin and my limited stocks are running dangerously low. I have hopes for Christmas Eve rectifying this problem. However Christine has just returned with more unscheduled gifts from a local women's clothing shop together with her own bonus buy for herself while I have just been explaining to the Folio Society why I cannot  afford to renew my subscription.

I have received just this morning my acceptance a s a social member of the local golf club which is a couple of  hundred yards away. Golf clubs here seem to take anyone in, as you can see, as memberships are falling. Perhaps they think I might convert to a fully paid up playing member. It makes for somewhere else to slip out for a drink and meal without driving- I should have done this years ago really. I am now (virtually) a non playing member of both the local golf and tennis clubs.

Christine and I both came away from Wetherby separately on Saturday feeling good about the place with a brass band playing carols in the square, a choir,people in Victorian dress, reindeers which I find hard to believe not having seen one before, and a good pre Christmas feeling. Occasionally we think we should live in Harrogate but the more intimate atmosphere made us rethink that. 

Our best wishes to you, Corinne and Chloe and your family,friends and neighbours from the Brownlees in Wetherby where it doesn't look like being a white Christmas.

Jim and Christine
Hi Chris and Jim!

Thanks for Christmas wishes.
Happy Christmas to you and family dear Yorkshire folk! Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Morana Peric
  • Thank you for the lovely card, Patrick:)


    The whole family sends their regards too. Be sure to hug Chloe and Cora Lee for me.


    From the more recent news: I didn't get the job at IKEA, but I did get an even better job last Friday. It's for Booking.com, an internet hotel-site, and I'm very much looking forward to start working for them. They're sending me to Vienna and Amsterdam for training and I can't wait to start... I think my life is finally taking a turn for better. We might even come to visit you in Vancouver sooner than we expected:)


    All the best for Christmas and New Year!!


    love,
    Morana
Patrick James Dunn
Hi Morana


Glad you enjoyed card. Thanks for your Christmas wishes. Happy Christmas to you and family! Fondestso and Cheers, to everyone, Patrizzio!

 Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear about Michelle's rather nasty accident. I have just got home
from a rather intoxicating afternoon with a few mates from work and Claire
and I are off to a Brazilian restaurant tonight and I have steadfastly
refused to shave various sensitive parts so I am hoping the food is good, we
shall see. We both hope you have great Christmas season we are planning bike
riding and kayaking depending on the weather. It is promised to be in the
mid to high 20's with little rain. I suspect a little warmer than your home
town. Have great time and we look forward to your ongoing stories being time
poor this is it from me. Cheers Greg and Claire
Hi Greg and Claire!

Thanks for Christmas wishes. We are hosting an Open House On the 1st so look forward to seeing some of the friends we've not seen in some time. Happy Christmas to you and family! Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Cute card.  I hadn't seen it. 
Tried to reply thru the card app but it wouldn't go.  Didn't take time to figure out what went wrong.  (Starr tells me the reply goes to facebook)  I am not up on facebook.  Have decided it is an age thing.  Instead of visiting on line like my grandkids seem to do, we just invite visitors which take up lots of time.  My cousin, Starr, is here now.  She lives in Burien. 
 
We just got our decorations up.  I brought 2 boxes to FL but missed the xmas tree and a pinecone wreath.  Either that or I lost it in the closet.  Small place with lots of stuff stacked.  After 2 seasons I am still not organized.

Thanks for the greeting.  Hope you have an inspiring Xmas too.

Gail & Jack
Hi Gail and Jack!

Hope you found your decorations! Too late by now, I guess, if not!! Thanks for Christmas wishes.  Happy Christmas to you both, Gail and Jack, and family! Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Since you are in a warm clime, thought you might enjoy the Aussie Christmas! 


Thought I must tell you that I was at the jazz club last night, which has moved to Mill Hill Golf Club, where they have a wonderful selection of single malts!  My friend Angela decided to have a Laphroaig which I only had to smell to sense the power!  I told her about your delivery but couldn't remember at the time which one it was.  Such a coincidence so I will have to ask her to join me in a wee dram when it arrives!
 
Don't think I will be able to head west when I'm in Toronto so look forward to seeing you, possibly later next year.  Can't remember if I told you I am leaving FW Gapp on 11th Jan and starting a 2 day week job straight after.  Will be great to have some more free time.
 
Love to all and wishing Corinne a very speedy recovery - at least she can crack the whip while you do all the work over Crimbo! Pennyxx
 
Hello Soon to be Retired Duhlink!

I'm having second thoughts about Laphroaig now!!! Happy Christmas to you, Penny, and family! Fondestso and Cheers, Patrizzio!



  • Ginette Bertrand
    20 December
    Ginette Bertrand
    • Kudos from Babes...did not know anyone my vintage could still be call a "Babe"...my past years of trying to entice everyman I met way beyond me. But I meant it about your writing, so witty and fun etc. Wishing you and yours the best of Christmas!
  • Patrick James Dunn
    about a minute ago
    Patrick James Dunn
    • Hi Ginette/Babe!

      Thanks for Christmas wishes. Just a quick note as Her Majesty is "bellowing" for help in kitchen! We are in the process of making two very large, cafeteria style trays of stuffing for lunch for homeless at church tomorrow!

      We are hosting an Open House On the 1st so look forward to seeing some of the friends we've not seen in some time. You are welcome to drop by. Happy Christmas to you and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment